Updating MAP Eu for Sync 3.0

Hi, I have Sync 3.0 20204 with EU maps for Sweden,Finland and so on, I downloaded the Syn3 updater, I want only update the maps, I followed the instrations but cant find the ( Only Update Maps option). Nor shure what maps versions I can use for my version as those given is 3.3.xxxx and 3.4.xxxx version.

SYNC Region: EU

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 3.0.20204

New SYNC Version: 3.3.20204

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
Have not updated yet.

Update Method: CyanLabs Syn3 Updater

Syn3 Updater Version: 2.12.2.0

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read: yes

Syn3 Updater Log File

No loggs yet

Hello.

You can’t install maps like that using Syn3updater, since maps for 3.4 are not 3.0 compatible.

Should you choose to update maps you would have to do that manually by following this thread → Tutorial: Sync 3.0.20204 with 2022 EU 2.21 (F11) Map Installation

Surely it would be easier to update from version 3.0.20204 to 3.4.23188 with the current maps 2.22?
Perhaps there is some reason the poster want’s to stay with version 20204

Hi

I’m nor aware what new 3.4 brings so for now I’m satisfied with map updates.
I tryed to update, but In the thread autoinstall.lst file contend points to files ending with .TAR.GZ. The downloaded file are only .TAR file. I guess thats why my update did not start when I tryed. Do they need to be .GZ files or is .TAR files OK.

Hi

I hade winzip installed and it shortet the name of files, after removed winzip all works good.
Sorry for the issue, maybe good to now for some having similar issues.

Windows hides file extensions by default, you won’t see the .gz this has nothing to do with WinZip

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.