Updating R19113a

Hi there,

Sorry for the my other topic in dutch.

My neighboor ask me to update he’s sync from he’s 2019 ford fiesta. The normal way at fords doesn’t work, the system is up to date.
I used cyanlabs before with a great succes. Now i checked he’s sync version and it’s R19113a. Is it possible to update? Because i can’t find it in the list from the updater. And what version can i update too?

Thank you for your time!

Kind regards
Mathias

SYNC Region: EU

Navigation Variant: Non Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 3.0.19113

New SYNC Version: 3.4.20220

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

Update Method: Official Ford

Hello.

Are you sure it’s running Sync3 ?
I’m asking because of this → “R19113a”, which makes me think it’s not.

Sync3 can be updated with Syn3udpater, but to go from Sync2 to Sync3 requires hardware as well.

So if the unit is running Sync2, you can’t update it with Syn3updater.

Thank you for the respond.

It runs on sync 3 i think… it looks like sync 3…

Thanks for the photo.
That does not look like Sync3.

These are Sync3:

Note that the last one, it says “Sync3, version 3.0”… There are 1.x and 2.x versions for Sync3, but they are all Sync3… And the build number is presented differently. I do not recognize “R19113a” as an Sync3 build.

The one you are showing seems to be from an older Sync version, but not Sync3.
Maybe Sync2.5.

Thank you for the respond!

I used google a bit and it looks like it is sync 2.5 version. Not 3.x…

So i can’t update this one to 3.4…

That’s correct, he can’t upgrade it from Sync2.5 to Sync3 with Syn3updater, that requires changing hardware. It can be done, but not easily nor free…

It’s a bit sad to see Ford cutting corners trying to earn a few more dollars and still using Sync2.5 on recent cars…

The Manual for you car talks about sync 2.5

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/vdirsnet/OwnerManual/Home/Index?Variantid=6894&languageCode=EN&countryCode=USA&marketCode=US&bookcode=O93762&VIN=WF0JXXGAHJKY19467&userMarket=GBR&div=f&buildtype=web&vcode=WF0JXXGAHJKY19467&vfilteringenabled=True

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.