Updating Sync 3 APIM Firmware (Calibration Files)

Yeah it’s 1gen, my bad.

But I don’t think it’s the HS4 that is the problem. There’s no reason they couldn’t have used HS3 for the same purposes. That’s why I’m wondering if upgrading to a newer APIM will solve this problem.

Hello everyone, can anyone tell me what calibration file I need to update, now it’s like this

Can i try MY18.5 Firmware?

Hello F150Chief, can you help me to identify which version I can flash?
my APIM is like below

Hello, I have updated the APIM of my mk5 Sync 3 to 18.5, but the Calibration/Illumination file, 5U5T-14G379-BC.VBF, does not appear, even though I load it when updating the firmware. How to fix it ?

Hello.
Strange situation.
Today I was doing an APIM upgrade and during the upgrade an error appeared in the picture.

I have an ObdLink EX cable.
What could be the cause of the error?
Is the cable damaged?

I replaced the cable with STN1170 and on this cable the update apim was done without a problem.

I don’t recommend users to upgrade a G or H series APIM to MY18.5+ firmware, however, you can upgrade these to the latest firmware below. I you want to upgrade to the latest firmware, you may find the unit will “brick” and need to be restored. Below are links to the firmware versions and restore instructions.

APIM Firmware Production Releases - Ford / Information - CyanLabs Official Community

APIM Firmware Flash Rescue - Ford / Information - CyanLabs Official Community

This would be safe for the units.
3.0 APIM NAV & NON-NAV Unit Firmware (Production Release, 2017-Pre-2018.5, H thru Early J Series)
(Originally Found On 2017/Early 2018 Units That Ship with 2 USB Ports on Back)
Secondary Boot Loader: GB5T-14G376-AA
Strategy (F188): HB5T-14G374-CA
Calibration (F124): HB5T-14G375-DA or HB5T-14G375-FA (NAV) / HB5T-14G375-CA (NON-NAV)
ECU Configuration/Sound Profiles (F10A): GB5T-14G379-AA
ECU Configuration/Illumination Strategy (F16B): HB5T-14G379-BA

NOTE: This listing is representative of the production release files for North America. Use the Calibration File Region listing below to determine the proper -14G375- calibration file for your region.

Thanks Chief

Where can i download&ei the files?

Did you make a new vehicle profile after loading the new APIM firmware files?

If the unit is working fine, this is likely just a query issue or memory issue with the APIM. You could try reloading the flies. Also, you could try the rescue procedure below.

APIM Firmware Flash Rescue - Ford / Information - CyanLabs Official Community

See you PM…

1 Like

Reload you OBDLink drivers.

Thanks again

Hello, thank you for your reply. Of course, I created a new vehicle profile.
Everything seems to be working fine, I haven’t noticed any problem. The only thing that bothers me is this empty box in F16B. I attach photos before the module update and during the update that has been uploaded. Maybe one of the files was wrong?

The update looks fine. I think it’s probably just FORScan not reading the data.

So I leave it and don’t mess with it, thanks. Regards

Im update to my18.5 and everithing its perfect

Only not work measurements units option in settings?

Did you perform a master reset after the update?

Yes i did
Work, but when enabled centerstack not work. :thinking:

I have seen this before. It’s the versioning of the APIM vs the BCM, etc. It will likely show correct in the BCM and FORScan.

1 Like