Updating Sync and Maps

Hi there,
I’m not sure about updating my Sync 3, maybe you could provide me some assistance.

First of all, my car is a Ford S-Max FHEV from 2022. As I got the car (brand new), the sync version was 3.4.21194 and maps F10. Some time ago I’ve updated to 3.4.22200 through official Ford website and USB device. But even if I uploaded the xml file after the update, I still get the message that 3.4.21194 is installed (only on fords website, the info screen on the car shows 3.4.22200), so there are no map updates available for me:-(

I’ve tried to update with the cyanlabs updater, it’s possible to select version 3.4.23188 and F12 maps… but the updater warn’s me about my APIM module. After the first update step I get the message that there’s no valid “ECU Delivery Assembly Number” after loading the xml file.

Im not sure about how to proceed. Is it save to update anyways? Any help would be appreciated

Thank you

SYNC Region: ANZ

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Unknown

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 3.4.22200

New SYNC Version: 3.4.22200

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
ECU Delivery Assembly Number . Do not proceed.

Update Method: CyanLabs Syn3 Updater

Syn3 Updater Version: 2.11.4.0

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read: yes

Syn3 Updater Log File

log files folder is empty

Your car is from 2022, so enable MY20 protection.
Because of this, you can’t upgrade maps with Syn3Updater.
Should you use Syn3Updater, always make sure the installation method is autoinstall, since you can’t reformat it.

Maps and Sync3 version are not related, you need to stick with Ford’s upgrade path.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.