USB Hubs are not supported

After installing the new version of Sync 3 I get an error “USB Hubs are not supported” Nothing was in the USB hub. I did a Master Reset and still the same message.

SYNC Region: North America & Canada

Navigation Variant: Yes

Old SYNC Version: 3.0.20204

New SYNC Version: 3.4.22020

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
USB Hubs are not supported

Update Method: CyanLabs Syn3 Updater

Syn3 Updater Version: 2.10.8.0

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read: Yes

Syn3 Updater Log File

https://cyanlabs.net/fhub/syn3-updater-log/?uuid=1eca8787-3ab5-6518-8dc4-0242ac120004

You need to upgrade the USB hub to one that is supported. Several threads on here about this.

Do I get HU5Z-19A387-A or HC3Z-19A387-B.

Hello, the same thing happened to me. The defect was the PEN. Replaced…updated!!

Either try Ebay, your dealership or Tascaparts.com

I currently have GC3T-14F014-BB

Yea that’s the old one. Good news is that it will work fine other than the error. By upgrading though the error will go away and it will add Apple Carplay.

So I can just upgrade it to the HU5Z-19A387-A without the USB C and it will work fine or should I get the hub with the USB C and it will be better for my phone?

Yea it will work fine. The only reason to get the one with USB-C is just to have it. They don’t have enough power to support the fast charging.

Also the USB-C ones are hard to find real OEM ones that aren’t counterfeit. The regular USB Type A hub is a lot more common and easier to acquire real OEM ones.

1 Like

You have a 2 port hub in your vehicle (2016 C-Max), GC3T-14F014-BB, as shown in the above pic? If so, you will need HC3Z-19A387-E (BLUE BACKLIGHTING) Ford (Wide 2 USB-A Port). (The -E is just the rev number, D thru F are the same.)

Media Hub, CarPlay Compatible - 2015-2020 Ford/Lincoln - SYNC 3 - Documentation - Docs - CyanLabs Official Community

The HU5Z part is a service replacement for a Mustang and Focus, they will not fit physically, and are 1 port hubs. If you purchase a hub, they are about $55 US from authorized sellers like dealers, etc. Be very careful about buying these on Ebay, etc., as there are a lot of clones out there.

Thank you, everyone. I went to my local Ford Dealership and bought the updated part and installed it. The error message is gone.

2 Likes