Which version should I install?

Hello everyone , I’m new here , and my english is a bad sorry if i write wrong.
I live in Morocco which is located in north Africa and i have sync 3.0.20204 with no map ( i had the version 2.0.16074 i update in ford site) , i would like to upgrade to 3.4 and i have gracenote 1.1.1.1130 (GL-0011) and i dont know what region it is and what GL means, i would like some help to find any region should i download ? and my second question : can i download sync 3.4 EU version without maps even if i live in morocco? because in ROW region there is no gracenote to download , thank you very much , and sorry for my bad english

SYNC Region: Rest Of World

Navigation Variant: No

Install Type: Stock (Original Unit)

Old SYNC Version: 2.0.16074

New SYNC Version: 3.0.20204

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

Update Method: Official Ford

Syn3 Updater Version:

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read:

Syn3 Updater Log File

Hi.

About the 3.4 version, user reports suggest 3.4.21265 is the most stable of the latest ones.

Before starting, I would suggest running the interrogator log against the unit you have, to see what it has installed, and also the size of the APIM.

You need to install the same region you are on, so it would be ROW if the unit is stock.

That’s true and false at the same time…
Gracenotes has nothing to do with navigation, it’s just artwork for the media player.
Depending on the size of the APIM, you may or may not install Gracenotes.
Is gracenotes mandatory for you?.
Even though Syn3updater does not include it, you could try installing it manually afterwards.
Again, it all depends on how much free space the unit will have, there’s no guarantee.

Also, take into consideration you can’t go back to 3.0…
I’m not sure if you checked, but Syn3updater has a 3.3 with GN, that’s the lowest you could go…

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the reply ,
I didnt know what gracenote is for xD , if I don’t install it I can still use the media player to play music with bluetooth? am i wrong? and voice command for calling someone ?

Yes of course, you can have a fully functional audio media player without GRACENOTES. The only thing that won’t work is that if the media you are reproducing has no embed art work (album image), that will remain empty.
GRACENOTES would fill that.

i see , thank you very much , you are awesome and kind ! i will use the tool you recommended me (interrogator log)
in your opinion if I update to 3.4 that this tool recommends, I will have enough space for the procedure? or how much space do i need for update in 3.4 ? sorry i have a bad english lol

There are 2 implied questions here, so let me separate them.
A) You should not have issues upgrading to 3.4 using Syn3updater with the proposed packages
B) If you will be able to install Gracenotes after you upgrade to 3.4 will depend on how much free storage the unit has after the upgrade is completed

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.