2018 ford f-150 after update to 3.4 21194 no navigation function

Good Day,after update to 3.4 21194 have no navigation function. Navigation Fault, see dealer

SYNC Region: North America & Canada

Navigation Variant: Yes

Old SYNC Version: 3.0 19052

New SYNC Version: 3.4 21194

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
Navigation Fault
Navigation is not functioning properly.
Please visit dealer for service

Update Method: CyanLabs Syn3 Updater

Syn3 Updater Version: 2.1.0.6.0

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read: Yes

Syn3 Updater Log File

do not have.

Hi,

If you updated with Syn3 Updater you will have a log file, please check your USB drive and also C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\CyanLabs\Syn3Updater\Logs

Thank you for your rapid response,I checked usb drive and computer and do not have log file,sorry.
Where to from this point?

This is very important: are you really sure you do not have a log file?.
I’m not sure how you deleted / lost 2 logs (1 on the USB and 1 in the computer used to create the USB)

1 Like

Yes, i am sure.

Ok. Have you master reset?
What information about maps it’s said in the About Sync3 ?

Master Reset.
If this does not work, run the installation again and update the 'Previous version" to the now existing version you upgraded to, 3.4 21194, with maps selected, NA 2.20.

i have not done a master reset.
non nav apim and does not show any files

1 Like

In the form above you say it is NAV equipped. If this is NON-NAV, then there is another issue. Master Reset will probably fix it.

updater say non nav api ,but i did have full functionality before update. Shall i do a master reset ? will this reset affect any other functions of vehicle? Thank you i will do reset if you suggest.

2 Likes

Master Reset only affects the Sync unit (APIM).

What is the part number of the APIM? Have you run the APIM Interrogator to find out ?

Updater does not say, it’s configured.
So it seems you told syn3updater you do not have nav, that’s why you have no maps.
So configure syn3updater right, set your current 3.4.xxx build as current, SELECT NAV, and try again…

ok ,i will do reset and report back to you. OK

@F150Chief i think he just misconfigured Syn3updater.
He said he used to have nav, but the updater said no-nav…
I think that’s the issue, but without logs who can tell, really… it’s all guesses based on the information provided…

SYNC Region: North America & Canada
Navigation Variant: Yes
Old SYNC Version: 3.0 19052
New SYNC Version: 3.4 21194
Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
Navigation Fault
Navigation is not functioning properly.
Please visit dealer for service

It’s set for NAV, but maybe did not select the maps version, or kept old maps, which will not work.

when i open the updater now and select usa and 21194 it indicates non nav. should i reset ? Thank you for your patience .How can i select maps when it doesn’t show any?

From 3.0 to 3.4 is a reformat, so he kept nothing.
Since there are no logs and he said “updater said no nav apim”, well, that leads me to believe he just misconfigured the updater.

@kingfiss it’s not hard, start reading before touching random buttons.
Master reset won’t do a thing, because you didn’t select maps.

As said before, configure syn3updater right: tell it you have nav, select your current and desired versions, recreate the USB and try again.

1 Like

what would be a good version to pick to recreat usb drive?I will try .

The latest

Thank you i will try and report back.Kingfiss