3.2 to 3.4 Sync

not bothered about speed, just wanted some reassurance about the file integrity

Finished the download, but it doesn’t seem to want write to the usb stick.

Got a swirling pointer and a message saying 19 files to copy! Went on for 30mins then got a message saying programme not responding.

Any guidance please?

With the greatest of respect, this is getting really confusing. I again spent nearly all day downloading the files using 2.1.0.3 and ended up with an empty usb drive at the end of it! It seemed to be downoading all 20 files, but at the end of the process there was only one empty folder with SyncMyRide and two .lst files.

Now I see there is a new version 2.1.0.5. Not sure whether to wait for confirmation that it works or try again. I’ve now failed with three of the previous versions.

Grateful for any advice.

Am I doing something wrong

All of the versions will use existing files if they exist so there is no need to redownload the files as long as the download location is the same, a few bugs with downgrade mode and a couple other things have been fixed.

However if you are ending up with a empty USB you are almost definitely doing something wrong this is not related to any known bug.

so should the files end up in the SyncMyRide folder?

Should look like this on your USB

obviously files will vary depending on region / version etc

Ok, I did the download and then managed to upgrade to 3.4 on the Focus. However, Wi Fi doesen’t want to connect. It sees the available networks, I put in the password, but it then says password rejected. It did this for two seperate networks. Any idea why this should be - possibly a keyboard problem?

Regards

Have you master reset?

yes, first thinI did after the upgrade

I did after the upgrade

you must be entering it wrong then. no one else has reported this issue

Tried several times on two networks. Home wifi and mobile hotspot. Can see the passwork as you type it in and it’s correct for both. But keeps saying password rejected.

if its password rejected i don’t see how the issue can be with the software. note sometimes 2 master resets are required. maybe try that?

Will do.

But also tried the WPS push-button connection method on the router, but that also failed.

Is there anything I can check to see if the upgrade has been fully successful?

Not really, if it’s working it’s successful, otherwise you would be stuck at the reformat tool still. not sure why your WiFi isn’t working, is it 20136?

Yep, thats the version i clicked in the auto programme. Strange as it sees the networks but keeps rejecting all the passwords. I’ll try a second master reset and let you know.

Solved it!

Changed the password for one without a full stop and it connected first time. Weird as sync 3.0 was ok with the old password.

Regards

Weird, thanks for letting us know the fix. i guess people don’t have a . in their passwords

I have the same problem with a password that contain i andvancens “.” (period, full stop). This password worked well on my Sync 3 before the upgrade to Sync 3.4. So it is a bug. Any chance you could fix it soon? I have so many devices hooked up to this network that changing the password makes no sense. A solution might be to connect the Ford to the guest network, but fixing this bug would be very helpful.
Thanks