3.4.19101 to 20196 lost heated seats on home screen

2013s didn’t have buttons at all ? We have a '14 with that stupid “haptic” buttons (for most of the climate controls). When I bought my '20 APIM I got the FCIM as well. It’s soooo much nicer.

Hmm. Maybe trim levels, I have the Sony Sound system.

Mine’s a 2013 Fusion Energi, late build.

I’ve seen pics of the same FCIM on Fusions through 2015 (Also still Sync2 with MFT), then the FCIM I’ve got starts in 2016 (still no Sync3 for the Fusion that year, 2017 was the first year).

This is me. It has been extremely frustrating. What is the easiest way to fix this? Do I need to go back to an earlier version? If so does someone have step by step instructions on how to do this?

Yeah, I thought the control panel (with 8" screen) was the same from 2013-2015. In 2016, they changed from the haptic buttons to ‘real’ buttons. Sony faceplates had real buttons since 2013, to my knowledge. It’s not like 2013 models were a “transition” either. From 2012 to 2013, it was a complete design change. Very surprising that Ford used an FCIM for a single year.

Welcome, Andrew.

@hallstevenson, @barrey, @avdonr

Andrew is here from the Forscan Forum. Let’s see if we can help him out.,…

Andrew, can you post your issue, please.

Hey guys,

I actually stumbled across this thread hoping for a solution to this issue. I did a Sync 3 retrofit to a MKZ Hybrid. APIM came out of a 2019 Fusion, so actually was able to get 3.4 officially.

Unfortunately after the 3.4 upgrade, i experience the same issue referenced here, where there is just a blank space where the heated seat buttons are.

After messing around with Forscan, I was able to find sort-of a workaround for Hybrid vehicles only that does not involve downgrading the software. The solution is to remove the Brand Identifier that calls it a Hybrid, and have Sync just think its a gas car only. Since then, the heated seat buttons show perfectly.

7D0-01-02 - The very first digit here I changed from an “A” to an 8 (Lincoln). I used this spreadsheet
here to find the correct number value to change (look under the APIM tab under “Brand Identification”)

So far, the only difference I can see with this workaround is you will lose the “Power Flow” screen that shows energy distribution, but you not lose EV+ mode (was a concern of mine). I could not see any other noticeable differences anywhere else. The Power Flow screen for me is more of a gimmick screen than anything, so i didn’t mind losing it.

I’ll be curious to know if other Hybrid or Energy owners are the only ones affected by this, or if other non-EV cars are as well.

1 Like

Very interesting find. I have an Energi model so this might be a solution for me. Debating on whether or not I’d want the power flow screen or heated seats to show up.

TimMKX, Welcome.

I was looking at the options over the last few days and could not find anything that would work, but my F150 is not a hybrid, based on my comment above. However, I have not had this issue with the heated and cooled seats showing on the home screen.

Maybe what you found will help others, so long as they can forget they drive a hybrid. :smiley:
@avdonr

EDIT: This was posted on FORScan Forum by Jpohlman:

The problem with heated seats not showing up on your home screen is due to the powerflow app being enabled in the APIM.
The app reserves the two button positions on the home screen (on the Energi it would show powerflow and the charge timer here), so there’s no place for the seat buttons.

7D0-01-02 2xxx xxxx xx Enables it
7D0-01-02 0xxx xxxx xx Disables it

From the FORScan Forum post:

I bought a kit on ebay last year it arrived and I had a trusted mechanic install it for me. It went very smoothly except a few things, the unit was stuck in French for voice text was all English. On top of that the Hybrid Power Flow screen was messed up and a few other weird glitches like nav way off mark. I reached out to Sync3 programming and got in touch with Dan there and he sent me the correct files to have it coded to my vin. Everything was working right now except the voice. He recommended I reach out on an F150 forum and someone there could help with the audio files. Done got them and uploaded them. As soon as I did that though I lost my heated/cooled seats on the home screen. I reached back out to Dan and he said to run his files again so I did but that didn’t fix it. He was lost and suggested I reach out on some sync 3 Facebook groups. I did and every time I posted it just turned into a war of as built vs non built and never got me anywhere.
One final thing sometimes when I start up the Power Flow icon appears for a split second on the home screen where the heated/cooled seats should be then disappears but does not do it all the time. I am wondering if that is preventing the seats from showing up.
Is anyone familiar with this and can help me out? This has been driving me crazy for the past year and so far no one has been able to help me out.

DanMc85 is a stand up guy. I am happy he could help you out. We can help you figure out the rest, hopefully.

Do me a favor and run the APIM Utility found on this site here:

Post the file with the results, this will tell us where your APIM is at and the config. With a 2013 MKZ Hybrid, there should not be a significant amount of asbuilt changes to be made for it to work properly.

There are a few folks here that have hybrids, hopefully they can share their asbuilt info for you.

Ah, well thats good to know that it actually does appear to be related to the Power Flow app. I installed this Sync 3 upgrade back in January 2020, and i remember just tinkering with Forscan for hours to figure out that heated seat button issue, i switched every theme, made my Lincoln a Ford, tried every option lol. I even conversed with DanMc85 about it and wasn’t entirely sure either. I even found a near exactly same equiped 2019 and 2020 MKZ hybrid and decoded the VIN As Built data to look for any differences in mine. And, i know for almost a fact that the for sale photos of those i saw had the buttons on the screen, but no way to know if they were running the latest 3.4. But even copying it exactly the same yielded no on-screen buttons. The only way was switching from Hybrid branding.

Obviously the newer 2017+ MKZ and Fusion Hybrids have hard buttons on the FCIM now, so its less of an issue to lose those on-screen buttons (on my MKX I always use the hard buttons anyway). But for 2016 and earlier with the touch FCIM and no physical seat buttons, its more annoying.

So my APIM is actually a 2019 model, and with the VIN of the wrecked Fusion it came out of I was able to “officially” get 3.4 right from the Ford website. I was hoping that would have fixed the issue, but alas it did not.

So now i’m kinda curious… if a 2019 or 2020 MKZ/Fusion Hybrid updates to 3.4 latest build (from probably the stock 3.0 or 3.2 it came with), do they lose those on screen buttons too?

From the replies on this forum, the answer is yes, most probably.

Since I couldn’t care less about the Power Flow icon and rarely plug in my Energi, I’m going to try this just to see if I get the icons back. Now that I have physical buttons, it’s a lot less of a big deal.

FYI - I do NOT have PowerFlow or Charge Timer buttons there, under 19101 OR 20237.

Under 19101 I have heated seat icons, under 20237 the power flow and charge timer buttons appear for a second when it first turns on, then that area is blank as in Avdon’s picture above…

Weird.

1 Like

Same here, the power flow and charge icons only appear for a second when the car turns on before disappearing. Might as well disable them if it doesn’t even work properly in the first place.

Do you also lose the charge settings page in settings?

1 Like

Since I don’t have a hybrid vehicle, can you guys verify the settings and post the results? I’d like to add these to the APIM spreadsheet as a note and add this to the FAQ here.

Thanks.

Sure thing. I can give it a shot over the weekend after I finish up my work for the week.

Sorry for the delay been tied up with the holiday. Will find a USB and try to run that ASAP.

I tried the recommendation on the other forum to disable the button on the home screen for the power flow button and it worked by switching the A in the 2nd row to a 0 which worked but changed the theme over to Ford from Lincoln

Switching to an 8 got the seats back on the main screen, I lost my power flow button under apps but I would much rather have the heated/cooled seats than the power flow. I rarely went into it anyway.

2 Likes

I was going to answer the post before about switching from Lincoln to Ford, but I see you sorted that out. Looks like this is a confirmed solution providing that you don’t really car about the power flow app and such. I can see this only affects hybrid vehicles.

Thanks for posting the results, enjoy.

1 Like

Yea it would be nice to have it still but like I said haven’t really used it much to begin with more of a novelty thing when you first get the car. Maybe an update down the road will fix this but for now I am very happy.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.