3.4.19101 to 20196 lost heated seats on home screen

Both posts show the correct display for the respective units. But I thought that NON-NAV also could have the icons in the same place as the NAV unit

You show a NAV unit, are your icons set for the home screen?

As far as I can tell FORScan only gives me one toggle for heated seats which I have enabled. Is there another value somewhere which dictates nav/non-nav?

Not that I have found or know of.

But there are 4 toggles for heated seats:
0=Rear Climate Not Available, HSW Not Available, Heated/Cooled Seats Not Present
1=Rear Climate Not Available, HSW Not Available, Cooled Seats Present
2=Rear Climate Not Available, HSW Not Available, Heated/Cooled Seats Present
3=Rear Climate Not Available, HSW Not Available, Heated Seats Present
4=Rear Climate Not Available, HSW Available, Heated/Cooled Seats Not Present
5=Rear Climate Not Available, HSW Available, Cooled Seats Present
6=Rear Climate Not Available, HSW Available, Heated/Cooled Seats Present
7=Rear Climate Not Available, HSW Available, Heated Seats Present
8=Rear Climate Available, HSW Not Available, Heated/Cooled Seats Not Present
9=Rear Climate Available, HSW Not Available, Cooled Seats Present
A=Rear Climate Available, HSW Not Available, Heated/Cooled Seats Present
B=Rear Climate Available, HSW Not Available, Heated Seats Present
C=Rear Climate Available, HSW Available, Heated/Cooled Seats Not Present
D=Rear Climate Available, HSW Available, Cooled Seats Present
E=Rear Climate Available, HSW Available, Heated/Cooled Seats Present
F=Rear Climate Available, HSW Available, Heated Seats Present

I have a non-nav unit. I want to say there are (2) settings but may be wrong. I believe that by default, the heated seats/steering wheel buttons appear under the “More” button (that takes you to “Additional climate controls”). In order to have icons appear on the home screen, you have to enable this with FORScan. We also have (or had) seat icons in the upper corners when the seats were turned on but I think they’re gone now. Maybe 20196 did that… I’ll go check here in a few. I have to borrow my wife’s laptop to mess with FORScan but she’s in college using it in the evenings so I have to wait until after 10pm or later and by then, I don’t care enough to bother usually ! :joy:

That is correct

They do not appear on the home screen if the heated seat control is present. They do appear on the other screens, and only if the vehicle is running…

Examples: This is 3.4.20196.

I can confirm that I have the icons appear in the upper left and right corners on certain screens when the seats are enabled on both 20196 and 20237. The climate setting is also set to 3 for me as I do not have rear climate and no heated steering wheel. Would be interested to know if/where the toggle is to enable the buttons on the home screen as I have not found it myself.

I can see you have the buttons showing on your truck. Did you just toggle the flag in the climate options you posted above?

It’s the settings above.

I have this set:
6=Rear Climate Not Available, HSW Available, Heated/Cooled Seats Present

Just went in and tried changing around the values. Nothing seems to trigger the buttons into showing up for me. Almost at a loss as to what to try next. The gap is quite visually annoying so I might just disable the seats options so that the phone button takes up the full space again.

What is extremely odd is that if I enable the heated steering wheel icon it shows up! Even though I don’t have heated steering at least it goes to show that it can display buttons there.

Are you making changes using the “easy” FORScan menu or the addresses menu ? I want to say that the “easy” menu has this option and I recall using that. What if you set the value to “0” (no rear climate, no heated steering wheel, no heated seats, no cooled seats - I presume it’s “0”, of course), write the value, reboot the APIM, then change it to the appropriate value for your car ?

That is normal.

Using the “easy” menu should not be different than using the as built method. (I’ve seen this not to be true, though…)

avdonr, if you place a ‘7’ for the value does everything show up?

I tried in both the easy mode and the manual mode. Both produce the same results. I’ll give it a go with entering 7 and seeing if it all comes up like suggested above.

So with ‘7’ you should get HSW and Heated Seats. If that works, then try ‘3’, which should only remove the HSW, leaving the Heated Seats.

If this doesn’t work then there must be something broken in the recent builds with certain combinations of options.

No dice with the “7” value. Just shows heated steering wheel button. Must be a SYNC specific issue with 20196 and 20237.

Seems to be a lot of those…

I have 20237 downloaded on a USB stick and was going to install it this evening but think I’ll hold off for now !

To be fair this issue also existed for me in 20196 so if you’re currently on 20196 and it works for you I don’t think it’ll break in 20237.

I don’t think it’s a ‘universal’ bug, or change. Mine is fine on 20196.

Update:
I backdated to 3.4.19101 (did not downgrade maps) and my seat icons are back on the home screen.

Maybe I’ll give it a try over the weekend…

I did confirm that the heated seat icons that appear in the upper left/right corners only appear a) when they’re “on” (duh) and b) when you’re not on the climate screen. Tapping them also takes you to the climate screen. Previously, I didn’t know if they were only visual or if you could possibly tap them to change the settings.