3.4.19101 to 20196 lost heated seats on home screen

So it does seem to be an issue with the new SYNC versions on some cars. I guess I’ll leave my heated seats option disabled for now and check again with each new version of SYNC that comes out.

my understanding is that when changing settings like this you need to master reset or they can remember the old settings, climate control seems to be the main culprit but there are others.

I was looking thru some old threads and found this:
https://community.cyanlabs.net/t/archive-update-all-versions-of-ford-sync-3-to-the-latest-sync-3-4-build-3-4-19200/153/1265

https://community.cyanlabs.net/t/archive-update-all-versions-of-ford-sync-3-to-the-latest-sync-3-4-build-3-4-19200/153/1276

1 Like

Well, I’ll stay at 19101 for now, until I install the new FCIM that has actual buttons.
Have to figure out if that needs programming…

Thanks!

Interesting that they mentioned hybrid cars. There are button placeholders that show up on my home screen on first boot for a brief second for plug in and charging right where the heated seats buttons are supposed to be, however these buttons go away and are replaced by the phone button. Perhaps those placeholder charging buttons that have disappeared are what are blocking the heated seats buttons from showing up?

Not sure if I’m even explaining it well but I could record a brief video demonstrating what happens on first boot with regards to the buttons.

i’ve seen that before, i have no further input though unfortunately.

I have version 19101 3.4 and have all the icons for climate showing up on home screen and i noticed that when i went up 1 version i lost heated and cooled seat icons on home screen but kept the heated steeling wheel icon on home screen so i went back to version 19101 and got the lost icons back

and l have left it there.

I also might add and the picture does not show it, but when you enable the climate icons in the home screen also on the upper left or upper right , the icon will show up depending which icon you have enabled

Hmm, so this is consistent with what other users were reporting. It seems that 19101 is the last build to properly support heated/cooled seat buttons on the home screen for some vehicles. Oh well, guess I’ll leave mine disabled until Ford hopefully fixes it. I’d rather take the new UI in 20196+ builds.

1 Like

i checked today, my fiesta with 20196 has those buttons

I’m going to update to 3.4.20237 this weekend on the truck, I’ll see if mine stay…

EDIT: Never got around to anything…

@avdonr @hallstevenson

Read this:

https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15891

Seems to be the exact same issue as I am experiencing. Looks like it’s a particular issue on hybrid cars.

1 Like

Or maybe the APIM setting telling it it’s a hybrid.

I don’t have any issues with the heated seat icons. They appear in a “different” location than most people are expecting but those folks all seem to have navigation units while mine is non-navigation.

Replaced my FCIM this weekend, now I can update past 19101 again and will still be able to control my heated seats without going 3 layers into menus…

Or just push the button on the panel :grinning:

One of the main reasons for the FCIM replacement is that my previous (2013) FCIM does NOT have those buttons, so the ONLY way to get the seat heaters on in versions past 19101 was to use the Climate sub-menu.

It also makes the whole thing look much more modern than the original 2013 look, and real buttons are more durable than the way it was in the 2013 version.

Not my photo, but that’s pretty much the same as my car when it was stock.

2013s didn’t have buttons at all ? We have a '14 with that stupid “haptic” buttons (for most of the climate controls). When I bought my '20 APIM I got the FCIM as well. It’s soooo much nicer.