Are my updates OK?

I am driving a Ford Kuga in Korea. I can not speak English very well. Please understand.

I updated to Sync3 version 3.4.21194 today.
My Sync 3 has small storage space. So, when I updated to version 3.4.21098 in the past,
I installed it except for the [GRACENOTES] package.
Even when installing with version 3.4.21194, I tried to install excluding the [GRACENOTES] package in the same way, but I got a message saying there was not enough storage space.

When installing version 3.4.21194, [GRACENOTES] package and [VOICE] package were excluded.
First, only the [ENH_DAB] package and the [APPS] package were installed, and after the installation was completed, a small capacity VOICE was installed through the [Create Small Voice Package Replacement USB] function.

Is there any problem with my installation method?

First of all, let me tell you that your english is really really good, so no worries there.

About the low storage, I assume it’s a non-nav unit, right?.
There’s a tutorial that can help you troubleshooting an upgrade from an earlier 3.4 ( Tutorial: Sync 3.4 NON-NAV APIM: Failure to Update to Newer Version Sync 3.4 ) , but you are passed that since you performed the update. Nonetheless, it has really good information about partitioning and how to workaround some issues.

You asked if there’s an issue with your installation method, and this would be my answer: if your unit is operative with the desired version and features, then everything is ok. What you did is what the tutorial says: perform the upgrade in stages, making room for each one of them. And it seems you have done so.

If your unit is not MY20 as your profile says, you can always downgrade to 3.3 and perform a full update (read the tutorial), but again: if the unit is working ok, there’s really no point to that.

But I would advise to read the tutorial, since I believe you could get gracenotes installed afterwards… If you care about gracenotes, that is… It’s just media art…
I think i remember it could be installed afterwards, maybe…

Yes it can…as long as there is adequate space.
Tutorial: No Gracenotes After Sync 3.4 Installation. Manual Installation Instructions - Ford / Guides & Info - CyanLabs Official Community

1 Like