Autoinstall 11+ entries?

Out of curiosity (car is parked some hundred meters away, no internet available at car):
Can the autonstall have more than 11 entries by splitting it into two parts (like on downgrade mode)?
So can it have 11 + 11 entries then?
Or do they count all together?
Is it the “transcation” or the “include” parameter?
Or does it remember “what it already did” and goes to next part?
Is it, maybe, even possible to have 3 or more “install steps” in same autoinstall?
Sorry for being too lazy to try but I need this info for a project.

Short answer, yes, you can split the contents of autoinstall.lst into many sections.

Longer answer: there was a discussion that covered this, but I’m not being able to find it.
But currently, Syn3Updater does exactly that to perform an autoinstall of MAPS in MY20 for latest EU and NA maps (not sure about ROW, and ANZ are locked).

You can get a sense of the syntax and context in this post, which is a tutorial for manual upgrade Tutorial: 2020 North America 2.20 Map Installation (Stand-Alone without Reformat) with Updated NAV_Voice 06/21/2021 via autoinstall.
Also, as said before, Syn3Updater already does this, so you could create an autoinstall configuration for MY20 EU and see the results.

If I find the other discussion I will update this thread.

Detailed explanation of autoinstall.lst available? - Ford / Sync 3 - CyanLabs Official Community

1 Like

so basically I need to add options include and transaction to every aprt except the first batch of files.
What I need to know now is, how the “headline” (e.g. “[SYNCGen3.0_ALL]”) is working.
But two parts (22 files) will be fine for now and I can get required info from the downgrade and maps autoinstall.lst.

Thanks (maybe someone can still enlighten me, as I love to understand things, not just make them “work somehow”)

The autoinstall ‘headline’ or header is used to define the order of software installation. This is actually a hierarchy of what happens when, as defined by the section header as the installation progresses between reboots. If you look at the example that @SaNdMaN pointed out, you will see the relationship of the first section header, second, and so on. This only matters if you have an installation that requires several reboots, like the installation of maps.

The ‘Options’ are used for defining what happens next in the installation, like reboots, etc. For example, in multiple reboot installations, Include and Transaction are used. Using Delay will cause the Sync system to wait for user intervention before a reboot.

22 files will require 3 sections, or processes, to complete on any Sync system. There is a limit of 10 processes per section, which needs a reboot to proceed to the next. Also, watch free storage space, as this must be sufficient to process the installation section by section. Note that the downloaded files are compressed, and are expanded for installation. I have used an expansion value of 25-30% for these files when calculating the needed storage space and have found that to be quite realistic.

Also of note, when installing maps, the license files must be installed before the first map file. That is just the way it is. Most of the other files like the Sync app, System Voice, Gracenotes, don’t really have a set order for installation. They do, however, carve out sections of storage for the specific installation, so keep in mind the free storage when installing these files.

You will without a doubt run in to MEM ERR’s or Storage space limitations if you try to do that many packages in 1 script

Using custom scripts, writing directly to active Partition and not being hughe.
But thanks for pointing this out.
Device has custom dev cert.

:wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.