Black Screen after update

I really don’t know how to check it. I have download the abt. data und upload it there. But i can’t understand how to check that. I can’t find my abt. data in your link. Sorry…

Yes I have tried this in the begining of thread. But it does not work. What do I have to look for if I want to buy a new module? What is important to look for? I think I have no chance to repair? Or do you have a another tip?

What do I have to look for, when I want to buy a used sync modul? Which Firmware? What is the Articlenumber from the Syncmodul?

Can you please help me to find the right APIM module? What do I have to look for? Is there a list which one ist compatible to my APIM and where are the differeneces? My APIM is broken. Its been checked. I need a new one.

Step back and stop what you are doing. The APIM can be saved at this point, most likely, but not guaranteed.

Since you have not reformatted the unit and only performed a Ford released packaged update, we can assume this is not a black screen as a result of MY20+ driver issues. Therefore, this leads to a corrupted strategy file.

Have you changed the firmware on this APIM with FORScan? But, quoted from APIM Firmware Flash Rescue - Ford / Information - CyanLabs Official Community, specific to the early Sync modules:

Uploading strategy file GB5T-14G374-CB may brick the module. Solution is to upload GB5T-14G374-CD instead of GB5T-14G374-CB.

The -CB file can be an issue and should be replaced. You will need the paid version of FORScan and a quality adapter like the OBDLink EX or VGate USB. This is a lot cheaper and worth a try since this is a known issue with this Strategy file.

So can you please explain this quote? What exactly were you doing that lead to the battery condition?

I have sent the APIM module to a specalist. And he said the memory chip is broken.

Since you have not reformatted the unit and only performed a Ford released packaged update, we can assume this is not a black screen as a result of MY20+ driver issues. Therefore, this leads to a corrupted strategy file.

I have tried to update my APIM with cyanlabs. That doesn´t work the first time. I let the usb drive connected with my car and drove a few day connected with the usb drive. Suddenly the display was black.

I did nothing. The battery was bad and old. I had problems before with the battery. And this time it was all empty.

What next step would you recommend me? Is the specalist lying? Should I try reformate with forscan?

You should repair the FIRMWARE files with FORScan. The is different than the Sync application software. If you don’t feel comfortable doing this, then replace the APIM.

Updating Module Firmware with FORScan, Program Guide Revised 09/2021 - Ford / Information - CyanLabs Official Community
Updating Sync 3 APIM Firmware Using FORScan 2.4.x Release - Ford / Guides - CyanLabs Official Community

Hi Chief, I just have forscan 2.4.11 and tried to update my firmaware. I have lots of problems.
My car is on charger. I have the free extended forscan version

. When I try to download the APIM Firmware information I get following protocol:

That is what I can choose:

This fault appears when I try a Test run:

This fault appears when I try to programm:

It does no matter, if I try custom, available or factory. Do you have one more tip?

Thank you

What adapter are you using?

So error opening file. Do you actually have the files in that folder location? The fact that folder is under control of onedrive may cause clashes, can you move them to the native (User) documents folder and retest?

This one

I have closed one drive. So the file was not shared online and still the same fault. I can’t find an option to change the folder. I have uninstalled forscan an installed it in an other folder but the calibration files are still in the onedrive folder.

You could move them yourself in File Explorer

What should I move? The calibration files? How can forscan know where to search for the files? I can’t change the folder in forscan for the calibration files.
That won’t work.

OK, I bow to your superior knowledge.

The calibration files are kept locally on your computer by default in /My Documents/Calibration Files. If you have OneDrive storage active, they will be there also for access thru your OneDrive account to other devices. All you need to do is navigate to the correct folder to access them with FORScan. FORScan does not target OneDrive by default.

Although possible, trying to program calibration files via OneDrive can lead to incomplete or failed programming due to the longer response times for network based storage compared to disk based locally on the machine. This is a good way to brick a module. You should always use local storage unless it is just not available.

You also need a paid license to program calibration files. You apparently only show a trial license. Also, update your adapter, it is no longer supported by FORScan and the company that makes it has discontinued it.

1 Like

Please don’t feel attacked. That was not my intention. English is not my native language, maybe I did not express myself correctly. I am sorry. I have tried your solution and did not find a way that worked. It was only an description of my opinon how Windows works.

I have disconnected onedrive with the folder path. So forscan can directly load the calibration files. Still not work.
I have the 2 month paid version of forscan. Is there a different between open paid and trial paid version?

So the first thing is to try an another adapter? Do you can recommend me a cheap one, that should work?
Thank you very much :smiley:

Maybe this one?

OBDLinkEX is the most common and one of the better ones to use, also recommended by Forscan. The one you show is garbage and has a Hi/Low speed switch.

Amazon.com: OBDLink EX FORScan OBD Adapter : Automotive

I have the 2 month paid version of forscan. Is there a different between open paid and trial paid version?

Can you please answer here?

This place isn’t Forscan support, however, trial is free.

1 Like