Black Screen

Your old AB will need to be adjusted to reflect Navigation. So the old AB will not 100% work, but close.

The nav will not work without changes to the asbuilt to enable nav and setting the vehicle characteristics properly.

Correct, I didn’t add that step.
That said if he uses his existing AB that will let him prove out that everything works just like it did prior to his problems (or if it still has 3.0.x like it did before he did his 3.4 reformat).
This keeps his changes as single steps rather than throwing everything in at once, and enabling the NAV after proving out the APIM is what a 3 minute ordeal?

My point here is that with the problems he’s had so far, when he first puts the unit in odds are it’s not going to work correctly so until he gets the car as close to factory as possible. He needs a baseline with as few changes as possible.

What will be the best way to import maps. Sync updater has maps in the manual method.

As previously said, it all comes down to what APIM you got.
Can you post the sticker?.

So far so good. Updating now from 3.2 to 3.4., one thing I noticed blue tooth on phone says connect to Ford fusion. Any ideas where or how I can change that

7D0-04-01: xxxx-xxxx-09xx will make it show Edge

I am sorry, I don’t know what that means?

Ok,
An Edge APIM config and a Fusion APIM config are close but not quite the same.

So on one hand if you load your factory AsBuilt into the “new” APIM all your factory values are there less NAV. Then to enable the NAV (and this is without having your VIN or factory ABso it could be slightly different) you would use ForScan to change the value in this block of the APIM config 7D0-01-02 x2xx xxxx xxxx.

To change what the APIM gives as the BlueTooth name on the current config you would need to use ForScan to change the value in 7D0-04-01: xxxx-xxxx-09xx so that the name changes from Fusion to Edge.

You may have other changes you need to make depending on other differences between your car and the donor (eg a US Edge Ti has HD radio, if the donor was a Fusion SE it would not have the button for HD radio enabled).

This was the reason I recommended loading your factory AsBuit in first, it keeps the number of potential changes to a minimum since you would only have to enable NAV afterwards.

DUDE!! Perfect, thank you so much.great reply.

Can not thank you more. Great explanation.

Thank you again

Any idea where the door code would be found? In the blocks?

The door code is not in the AB. You will find it on a sticker attached to you BCM. You could have the code on a card in your manual also.

You can also retrieve the door code thru FORScan. Just FYI.