Can't update Sync 3. Message: Installation paused

The APIM interrogator will extract more information, such as free storage on the APIM.

Ok, I’ll try tomorrow.

The integrator issues the same message

Well, it seems your unit does not process any commands or package…

Not sure what else is to do, other than changing hardware.

I’m wondering why Sync doesn’t react at all to updates from Ford’s website, but with Updater it gives a message.

A good place to start, would be to compare the files provided by Ford. For instance, what autoinstall.lst they provide against the one generated by Syn3Updater.

Instructions are the same, both USBs would be exFAT, with the SyncMyRide folder and so…
If I remember correctly, the autoinstall.lst file has a header that’s version dependant.

On the other thread you found, none got it resolved. I remember some even said their APIM eventually died…

1 Like

The Ford packaged installation contains the check files, etc., that the CyanLabs version does not. Depending on the file, they can suppress messages, and do so in the installations.

Based on this, we can assume that the check fails on my official update and just hangs.

That may be so, but because of the hardware issue it will be impossible to be sure.

Could there be problems due to low battery power? I heard that the machine is able to disable modules in such a problem.

That function would disable the module completely (power shedding function to save battery). You would not see this issue from power saving.

I think your best bet is to replace the unit. Since this is a NON-NAV unit, you can easily replace it for about $200.00 to $250.00, if not less.

What is the part number of the unit installed in the vehicle? Something like JM5T-14G370-???

Assembly Part Number: JS7T-14G371-JEC
This is equivalent to APIM Part Number: JL3T-14G370-HJB

Here is one: 2017-18 Ford F150 SYNC 3 APIM Module (Non Nav) JL3T-14G370-HJB | eBay

1 Like

This is what the update from the Ford website looks like.

; SYNC3 Consumer Assembly Upgrade - Release 3.0.25 - Only for NonNav/NonEU assemblies.

[SYNCGen3.0_3.0.20204_PRODUCT]
Item1 = HB5T-14G386-THB
Open1 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-THB.tar.gz
Item2 = HB5T-14G386-TBB
Open2 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-TBB.tar.gz
Item3 = GB5T-14G386-SC
Open3 = SyncMyRide\GB5T-14G386-SC.tar.gz
Item4 = JR3T-14G391-BF
Open4 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G391-BF.tar.gz
Options = AutoInstall
[SYNCGen3.0_ALL]
Item1 = JR3T-14G381-AX
Open1 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G381-AX.tar.gz
Item2 = JR3T-14G423-BB
Open2 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G423-BB.tar.gz
Item3 = GB5T-14G386-AC
Open3 = SyncMyRide\GB5T-14G386-AC.tar.gz
Options = Delay,Include,Transaction

These are checking for Sync version and disk partition information.

I tried to update via Wi-Fi, I got this:

Tell me what this error means

VER_ERR02 – Error is VER_FPN_EMPTY

As for what that means… i’m not quite sure

1 Like

Version File is empty/blank. Or it can’t read it like anything else.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.