Does my APIM have HS4 CANBUS?

Hello guys,

Can anyone tell me if my APIM is HS4 canbas capable? It came from EcoSport 2019 and I wonder if it will work fine with L-series TCU. Thanks.

SYNC Region: Europe

Navigation Variant: Yes

Install Type: Retrofitted

Old SYNC Version: Sync 2

New SYNC Version: Sync 3.4

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

Update Method: Official Ford

Syn3 Updater Version:

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read:

Syn3 Updater Log File

Your vehicle does not have HS4-CAN capability. The APIM can use HS4 but it must be turned on in the asbuilt. To use HS4 in a Fusion, you will need to upgrade the GWM, wire the HS4 network, and then get the FORScan folks to give you a build with HS4 enabled for a 2016 Fusion…
or…
Downgrade the TCU to the latest J series firmware and use HS3-CAN. This will work fine as Fusion is CGEA 1.3 with HS3 and has the appropriate GWM.

Also, you will need to update your FORScan software to a minimum of v2.4.3.
FORScan Software Version 2.4.x Releases and Information - Ford / Information - CyanLabs Official Community

And you should check if the modem and FordPass are supported in your region…

Thanks, mate! You gave a complete answer to my question. I’m aware that my vehicle doesn’t have HS4-CAN network, that’s why I’m gonna add it myself. Just had to make sure my APIM supports it. I’m aware I’ll need to swap GWM and add some wirings, it’s ok. I can’t downgrade my TCU, since I’ve obtained L series modem, which cannot be downgraded.
IMAGE 2022-06-05 16:51:04

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.