Downgrade from SYNC 3.4 to 3.3

Last week I upgrade my non nav SYNC 3 to 3.4 20021, but I wasn’t very happy how it’s look.
So now, I’m trying to downgrade at 3.0, or 3.2 or 3.3. In order to do that, I followed the instruction from cyanlabs.net website, so now I have 3.4 19101 version. Next, I have to “re-use the reformat tool”, but I don’t know what means.
Could anyone help me with the following steps?
Thank you in advance!

did you take note of your IVSU’s?

I saved a picture with the bezel diagnostics before the update.

I know you want to go to 3.3 but post the picture and i can determine the correct 3.3 package.

Do you need other informations about my Sync 3 device? Thank you in advance for your support!

I don’t know if it’s helping, but this is the current version

Please be aware that this is not my day job, i am one person with the help of fellow community members, if you want instant support you will need to pay for my time. i have a day job and with everything going on currently i have many other projects i am working on.

I will look in to this and provide a 3.3 package as soon as possible. keep your eyes on this thread and on the list in the program

1 Like

I’m very sorry if I upsetted you, I will wait your feedback in quiet

Not at all but you have to understand this is a hobby, not a job, many people are needing help on discord, community, facebook, email and more, i can’t deal with everyone immediately, go to work, relax, etc all at the same time :slight_smile:

Thank you again for your support and I’m sure you didn’t forget me. Regarding the downgrade, it’s just a personal thing, because I have problem seeing at close field. As a result of, SYNC 3.0 (or 3.2 or 3.3) interface is more visible for me than 3.4 verssion.

How do I get this done too? I upgraded my 2013 ford escape to sync 3 but after putting on 3.4 the home and phone buttons on the steering wheel no longer work. I assume that it is a 3.4 issue vs a 3.3 issue?

this is likely a AsBuilt issue, working on adding older releases.

So I should be able to update support with forscan for the home and phone buttons ?

Could I just download my 2013 as built file and install it? The only thing different is backup camera and I can add that pretty easy.

No as that’s a sync 2 as-built. Find a vin for a sync 3 vehicle with the same vehicle and get the as-built for that.

As I said in my first post, I succeeded to flash back 3.4 build 19101, but then, when I tried to install 3.3 build 19052 (SYNCGen3.0_3.3.19052), I received an error that my system is not compatible. So, I’m stuck :frowning:

use the new 3.3 option in the application :slight_smile: just added.

3 Likes

I just made the downgrade and everything worked perfectly!!! Thank you a lot for your support! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

1 Like