Downgrade from SYNC 3.4 to 3.3

Hi. I can’t find this option.
The problem i’m having is: voice directions on 3.4 build 20021 nav aren’t working properly. No turns reminder, only street names. any idea how to fix? Or should i just revert to 3.3? everything else works great.
Thanks.

So sorry. I just found it!!! But any help with the navigation problem would be great. thanks.

Hi @CyanLabs,

Hope i m following the right ways to post… i did not want to simply open an other post. :slight_smile:
I recently followed your instructions to upgrade my Sync 3.0 19205 to Sync 3.4 20136 (NON NAV , ROW ).
I am unable to downgrade / reapply the same version or any other activity. My system is slower to respond compared to Sync 3.0, could you help me in downgrading the same so i can go to a stable version ? I get a MEM_ERR03 - the no space to extract error.
My system does not show AA maps on the left as well. It also has the same problem mentioned where the system defaults to radio every reboot, also if i set a theme from test settings, it resets after every reboot. It also resets the display settings after every reboot.

my ISVU versions report was :
JR3T14G381-AM 3.0.18093_PRODUCT
JR3T14G391-BD 3.0.17137_PRODUCT. (this one has a hash)
This is a Ford ecosport S diesel 2018 / factory fitted with Sync (india).

Any help would be appreciated.

Unfortunately if you have already tried my downgrade by removing gracenotes there isn’t much other option, i can fix with physical access but not without the unit in my possesion. you can try the smallest voice package available as that may be small enough to allow the install to continue. i will need to research this as it’s a new development i recently read about.

It’s not supposed to

Known issue as mentioned

Thats expected, changing themes needs to be done via ForScan or they do not stick, same for Sync 3.0

Thanks but unfortunately not helpful in this situation

@CyanLabs,

Thankyou for your prompt response. I havent tried removing the gracenotes and then downgrading .is it part of the new USB creation software 2.1 ?
If not, I will check your forum and get the instructions on removing the Gracenotes to lighten the image and then try …

Will let you know what happens then.

Hi. Just tried downgrading to 3.3 and got this message on screen about 1 min into installing.
PKG_ERR04
any help?
thanks.

Error is PKG_REVOKED
You aren’t downgrading, you are trying to load the reformat tool.

Hi,
Can you help,
I am trying to downgrade from 3.4 to 3.3,
Can you tell me the correct way to download the files to usb. I am on build 19101.
Thanks

Select “Any Other Sync version” , Select Region, Nav or not

Select Region, Version Sync 3.3.19052, Map version or none

Select USB > Start

2 Likes

Hi,
Thanks this worked great, the only problem I have now is that i cannot update the latest map update from ford.
Can you advise.
Thanks

Latest maps from ford are 1.19 and therefore assumin you selected 1.19 you already have them. There is 1.19 for pre 3.2 and 1.19 for above 3.2.

I’m in the same boat. I am having issues with the font in 3.4 and will like to revert to 3.3.

I am on 3.4 19274 ROW no maps.

What would be the path to go TO 3.3 19052 ROW?

I will be doing the below.

1. Flash Downgrade package
  2. Flash ROW 3.3 package.

Is my understanding correct?

Once I am on 3.3, will I be able to get updates from Ford?

Hi dear I am unable to download version 3.3 from application

You are not giving any useful information, take a moment and try to explain yourself properly.

2 Likes

Every time I am trying to download anything from syn3 updater application it’s saying unable to read data from the transport connection. The connection was closed

That seems to be related to your end.
I mean, or there’s something on your computer that’s preventing the tool from accessing the internet, your network is filtering some domains (such as dropbox) or your ip is banned in azures servers.

What packages are you trying to download?, I do not have issues downloading ANZ packages…

I am trying to download North American 3.3 and now I just tried Europe package but no success

No issues on my side:

As you can see, the issue you are facing is not related to the tool…
It’s something on your side, not sure why besides what I said before.

I tried on different laptop but still same problem

Is downgrading simple as upgrading , keep maps and choose version i want to downgrade to ?
Do i have to use reformat , downgrade or autoinstall mode ?