Downgrade from sync3.4 to v3 or 3.2

Thanks both of you. Then I will stick with 19274. May it happen the power switch off to APIM ? I have USB3 key and brand new battery. In case it fail, can I flash it again without issue ?

Mine is a plug in hybrid so I can leave the car “running” without any engine being on but I agree if you have a regular ICE car then either hook up a charger to the 12V or just go for a drive/ run it while doing the update. Good point

If it somehow gets interrupted you can start the process over again yes. But like above its recommended to either hook up a charger or just leave the engine running

If it does happen to shut off during the update…DON’T PANIC. (There is a book about that.)

Just shut the vehicle down, open the door, let the APIM go all the way off, dark. Then start over. I did it on purpose to test long ago, and never have had an issue.

2 Likes

I did the same on my fiesta earlier today when I upgraded… Forgot to start the car and it it timed out :smiley:

You get the Homer award for the week.

1 Like

Alright :slight_smile: I have some TESCO crappy charger but probably for this purpose it will be OK. But if the ignition is on, can it happen that radio will switch off automatically ? Can’t believe that. Maybe with ignition off yes but when it’s on with the dashboard on, etc. ? This should not happen with full battery.
@F150Chief that’s good, maybe I risk it and report here. Think this update on USB3.0 can’t take more than half an hour or ? Hmmm, that’s a dilemma :slight_smile:
@CyanLabs heh, and what happened ? Were you able to update on 2nd try? And did you have ignition on or off ?

GUYS, I’ve reached 22 comments so cannot post more today. When I bought this car the battery was very weak and I couldn’t have radio ON without the engine running and it was saying the system shut down to save battery power. Then even ignition switched of after 5 minutes or so to save battery. The battery was dead after 4 years of use so I’ve replaced and haven’t seen this message since.
Anyways, thanks for hints and cross your fingers :slight_smile:

If the ignition is fully switched on then it should not shut itself off. If it does get interrupted then just do what was mentioned above by @F150Chief. (i.e. shut the vehicle down, open the door, let the APIM go all the way off, dark. Then start over)

30 mins it will shutdown for most cars

Ah you’re right. I just checked and on the left hand side of my dash display under settings there is an option for “auto engine off” which you can disable.

It only works for the current ignition cycle though. At least on the trucks…

1 Like

Unable to dowgrade from 3.4.2x. always shows memory error, is there any lighter version of downgrade files available. o

You have to downgrade first and then update to version you like. Also depends if you have maps or not.

figured out… downloaded low size apps file of 3.3 version and replaced the apps file downloaded using in fordsync downloader app and updated installation lists… now i am having version 3.3.19052

Good for you!. And Welcome to the forum!

1 Like

Hello All,

I updated my Sync Unit from 3.4.19101 to 3.4.20282. Great update, however, when switching gear to reverse, the screen normally goes to full brightness, even when your headlights are on. On this update, the screen goes dimmer on reverse gear. Is this a known issue?

Thank you

Hello, I updated from sync 3 to sync 3.4 20136 and due to lack of memory space, tube to downgrade to sync 3.3 19052 and wanting to update to 3.4 20282 throws me MEM_ERR03, what would be the problem for which it does not throw me that error?

I also made a usb interrogator and it tells me that my apim is 32gb with a browser AND originally it doesn’t have a browser, how is this possible? Could it be that you let me install the browser?

Please post the generated xml file, or PM it to me.

What email do I send it to?