Downgrade to Upgrade Issuse

That autoinstall is incorrect. If you were using that you should have seen a format error for the install file. It should be this:

[SYNCGen3.0_3.4.22251_PRODUCT]
Item1 = NU5T-14G381-AB_1665525837000.TAR.GZ
Open1 = SyncMyRide\NU5T-14G381-AB_1665525837000.TAR.GZ
Options = AutoInstall

Sync 3.3 will not work properly on that screen, but if you source a 6.5 or 8" screen you should be able to connect that and set the unit properly. You might have to perform an APIM RESET in FORScan with the smaller screen connected.

Just tried and received the VER_ERR08

eBay has model 8" Display GR3T-18B955-SB NYB18
Would it be a direct plug in?

I can do what I need to do when it’s plugged in. (Master Reset, upgrade to 3.4) then hook up my 10.1 and forscan to original theme?

It should, yes. All it needs is the LVDS connection.
It is possible that the issue is tied to the JB, and you may want to restore the original Ford files.

Hook up the 8" screen, see if it just comes up right. It might take a reboot.
If not perform a reset with FORScan on the APIM. Reboot.
This will likely bring up the display, but it could be the wrong aspect. Make sure the theme is set to '00" Ford default.
Upgrade to Sync 3.4, make sure it all works.
Swap the 10" screen, see if it just comes up. Might take a reboot.
If not perform a reset with FORScan on the APIM. Reboot.

Thanks for the help. I have a screen on order. I’ll keep you posted

Received my screen and got back my touchscreen capabilities. I did my master reset and tried upgrading to the latest version and receive the same error.:sob:

OK, that’s progress. So you are still at Sync 3.3 but the screen is correct now?

VER_ERR08 – Error is VER_SETTING_VER_INFO_ERROR. I am doing some research on this to see what specifically could be the issue. The error means that your APIM cannot save the file for the setting.

I wonder if this is a cached error. You could hold the Radio Power button and Next Track, until screen goes black. Do that 2 times in a row, then try the update again. This reboots the unit and will clear the caches.

The last file you posted indicated Sync 3.3 with the Sync 3.4 voice file. This can cause performance issues, but I don’t know if it might do this.
4U5T-14G381-AN
5U5T-14G391-CS, should be 4U5T-14G391-CJ.

The storage has an issue:
<d2p1:PartitionHealth type=“/fs/Nuance/” total=“465M” available=“3.2M”/>
<d2p1:PartitionHealth type=“/fs/rwdata/” total=“1.2G” available=“0”/>
<d2p1:PartitionHealth type=“/fs/mp/” total=“496K” available=“17K”/>
<d2p1:PartitionHealth type=“/fs/mp/” total=“1.4G” available=“505M”/>
<d2p1:PartitionHealth type=“/fs/images/” total=“25G” available=“24G”/>

This is the culprit, this partition needs to be fixed/emptied. There is no space to save data for the updates, etc. If the unit was not MY20, a reformat would do it. But that is not an option here.

This partition contains “fordlogs” and “slogs”, which are supposed to be temporary, but have run the partition full. Deleting these would free up space in the partition which should fix the VER008 issue.

I’ll try this today. I’m grateful for you helping me out. Thank you sir.

Thanks again F150Chief. You were correct. My rwdata partition was full and just needed to clear all logs. This fixed my issue. Appreciate what you do for the community.

What did you do to clear all the logs?

Created an autoinstall.sh that used
rm -r /fs/fordlogs/*
rm -r /fs/slogs/*
rm -r/fs/dumps/*

1 Like

Can that be used on an unmodified apim?

I’m going to do a writeup on this for the Guides section. This seems to be a rather common issue related to settings not saving, VER08 errors, etc. This will document the issue and provide a solution to users that are comfortable using it.

1 Like

Unfortunately JB is needed to run the script :disappointed:

That’s just a decision that the user needs to make. JB the unit and run a script, or buy a new APIM. If the user still has a warranty, they should probably pursue that choice first.

1 Like

Can you add that this could also cure the issue with sync not saving setting when vehicle restarts. If rwdata is full, things like setting, FordPass and even Sirius radio issues can be fixed by cleaning these three folders

That will be covered, yes. I had not thought of the SiriusXM radio issues with logos.

Symptoms include:
General settings not saving.
SiriusXM logos not populating.
FordPass not working properly, or at all.
VER_ERR08
Cannot perform updates or downgrades.
Master Reset will not work.
etc.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

As of now, you can use the just released ford rwdata cleaner, now integrated in to syn3updater

1 Like