Editing autoinstall.lst

Hello everyone, I had the misfortune of messing up my APIM when upgrading my Sync3 to ver3.4 in my F-150. Ya see my screen is a 4" and after I installed the software I now have a cropped screen which belongs to an 8" screen. I have lost all control. I have read
" * Create a new USB with your current version as source and target, so an autoinstall UBS is created. ONLY SELECT THE APPS PACKAGE.

• Manually download and copy NU5T-14G381-BA into the SyncMyRide folder (do not uncompress it)
  • Edit the autoinstall.lst file on the created USB changing the file references to the one you manually downloaded.
  • Insert the USB into the car and wait."
    But here’s the thing, I can get to edit the file but there are 2 lines to possibly edit.
    1.Item1 = REFORMAT TOOL - 1u5t-14g386-cb.tar.gz
  1. Open1 = SyncMyRide\1u5t-14g386-cb.tar.gz
    Not quite sure what needs to be edited.

Which ones do I edit?

Mike

Try disconnecting the car battery for a few minutes to see if this brings it to its senses, if that doesn’t sort it then i think you’re going to need ForScan to tweak the Asbuilt.

Tried the battery, no luck. Forscan cannot help, tried.

Provide your autoinstall.lst file contents

Sounds like if you’re seeing a reformat line that you created the USB incorrectly. autoinstall mode, as requested, should not have a reformat option if configured per the instructions. I’d go back, reread the instructions, and start over.

Otherwise, post the autoinstall.lst file as requested and we can confirm that for sure.

tried again, result:

; CyanLabs Syn3Updater 2.11.10.0 Stable - reformat Mode - Sync 3.4.23088 NA

[SYNCGen3.0_ALL_PRODUCT]
Item1 = REFORMAT TOOL - 1u5t-14g386-cb.tar.gz
Open1 = SyncMyRide\1u5t-14g386-cb.tar.gz
Options = AutoInstall

And I do not understand this line in the instruction either:

“Edit the autoinstall.lst file on the created USB changing the file references to the one you manually downloaded.”
2023-07-20_10-18-24
2023-07-20_10-19-22

So firstly you are in reformat mode, what’s your current installed SYNC 3 version?

Ok, so now I have achieved at least my backup cam. But nothing else, no phone, radio, etc. Black screen!

Can’t tell, screen is black. What caused this problem was upgrading the original ver to Sync3 ver 4.23088

Not sure why you keep deleting posts then reposting them,

So you need to downgrade to version 3.3, then reformat and install 3.4 for 4" models

Can’t tell, screen is black. What caused this problem was upgrading the original ver to Sync3 ver 4.23088downgrade by using Syn3 updater? If so do I do an “option” setting? Include “apps”, Gem" and nav?

ALSO, the screen is black. Will the usb stick be recognized?

why do you now have a black screen…

Also PLEASE stop deleting and reposting the same stuff, i don’t want a million notifications.

What year is the truck, has it had the APIM replaced?

2018 bought it used. Doubt that it has had the APIM replaced but then who knows? I have prior service records. None that mention anything about the module being replaced

I have a black screen now because you told me to " So you need to downgrade to version 3.3, then reformat and install 3.4 for 4" models". After I did that I got only the rear cam in zoom mode and a black screen when not in reverse.

Do a soft reset on the black screen issue. It should come back on. May have to do it repeatedly until you get the main issue resolved.

And I went down the same path as you, almost. I don’t have a 4" screen though. But I went from SNYC V3.17276 to 23088.

You were still expected to RTFM so dont go throwing blame around.

Whatever RTFM means, I just did what I was told to do. So relax.

I mean you said you had a black screen before i even wrote my message so can we get the facts right. I didn’t tell you to do anything, you already had a black screen.

https://cyanlabs.net/tutorials/sync-3-automated-method-update-to-3-4/

It clearly states if your car looks like the “left side” but yet you had a 4" model so it wouldn’t have looked like that.

As you have a black screen now for reasons unknown i don’t know how to fix it, if you had a oversized screen then it just needs a update to the 4" version, but at this point i have no idea as you aren’t telling the truth about how you got the black screen.

Follow the steps posted by F150Chief in this topic, but again as you have a black screen i have no idea if it will work or not, i suspect the black screen might be because it’s in reformat mode, in which case you will need a 8" screen to fix the issue afaik.