Err04 upgrading from 20010

Hi, I installed STNC3 20010 some time ago and now trying to update it. Using automatic I plug the USB key and I see updating system software and nothing else happen no matter how long I wait. When using reformat I get pkg_err04. I found this thread Installation Failed - Error Code PKG_ERR04 but it’s less useful than it could be. It says use the desktop updater but that is what I used. It also said the reformat tool is black listed beyond some build but I tell the tool I’m on 3.4.20010 and it still generates the autoexec and file layout that includes that blacklisted format tool. I’m not sore what to do next?

SYNC Region: North America & Canada

Navigation Variant: No

Install Type: Stock (Original Unit)

Old SYNC Version: 3.4.20010

New SYNC Version: 3.4.22110

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
Either no error but the install makes no apparent progress, or error 04 on reformat mode.

Update Method: CyanLabs Syn3 Updater

Syn3 Updater Version: 2.11.3.0

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read: Yes

Syn3 Updater Log File

I am on my phone. The log says everything was fine on the last line. The usb is created successfully.

Without a log we won’t help, post the log.

It’s also blatantly clear you haven’t read the documentation as this is all explained in there.

Once you post the log we will know what we need to know, right now it’s all guessing and hearsay

Known issue that no one cares to search for → Tutorial: Sync 3.4 NON-NAV APIM: Failure to Update to Newer Version Sync 3.4

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.