Finally Successful update

After a few tries the update loaded up today. Works perfectly so far. The first few times nothing happened. If I navigated to the usb it said " no music files " available. The second time nothing happened but my usb felt like it was in a toaster. Then I reformatted the usb, removed all files from my pc and did a new download. After a few seconds it said to remove the usb but I left it in. About 40 minutes later I removed it when prompted. Tested the maps a few times using newer streets in my area and it had them. Noticed it doesn’t have any business logo’s. Was having a problem with linking my phone but now it paired up quickly.


SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 3 3.0

New SYNC Version: 3 3.4

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
none so far

Update Method: CyanLabs Syn3 Updater

Syn3 Updater Version: 3.4

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read: yes

Syn3 Updater Log File

I don't have it with me. I'll get it tomorrow 

Did you read the instructions… Did u do a master reset?

I had problems for the past month before doing the update. I did a reset about a month ago. Yesterday I just inserted the USB after starting the car. Took about 15 seconds for it to be recognized.

Screen gave progress until finished.

Regardless of success or failure I suggest you always do a master reset after software or map updates or both as @Hades indicated. :wink: