Ford Sync 3.4 Update - Ford Pass App

Hello,

I just recently updated my sync system to 3.4. Would I screw up my car if I got the update from Fords Website to go back to 3.0? I dont want to brick my system in my car. Just seeing if this is even possible?

SYNC Region: North America & Canada

Navigation Variant: Yes

Old SYNC Version: 3.0.20204

New SYNC Version: 3.4.21265

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

Update Method: CyanLabs Syn3 Updater

Syn3 Updater Version: Syn3 Updater 2.10.6.0

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read: Yes

Syn3 Updater Log File

1 Like

It’s not possible to go back to Sync 3.0 from Sync 3.2/3.3/3.4. However, you can downgrade to Sync 3.3.19052 from Sync 3.4. Sync 3.3 still looks mostly like Sync 3.0 but with better functionality.

You can do this thru the Syn3 Updater by choosing Sync 3.3.19052 as the desired version, keep existing maps if you have NAV.

1 Like

Big warning in red at the very top of the tutorial:

1 Like

Thanks for getting back to me. I seem to be having an issue where I can’t connect my Ford Explorer to the Ford Pass App, so was hoping downgrading would solve the issue. So the only way to go back to the version of Sync I bought the vehicle at would be to take it to Ford and have them reflash the computer?

2 Likes

They will not do that for you. And they can’t anyways.

2019 Explorer: What version of Sync was installed from the factory? Ford switched to Sync 3.2 by then…

Downgrading will probably not solve the issue. If the FordPass app will not connect, there is another issue, not the Sync version. Since you have a 2019 Explorer, it probably came with the FordPass capability and the TCU as OEM. Lots of people have issues with this, but usually can be solved.

So, in the US the following procedure works…

Take the vehicle out of FordPass. Delete the app on the phone to clear the app cache. It is best to do this the day before you try the rest of this, as this action needs to process through the Ford system. This step is important to clear the cache on the FordPass end.

To reset the FordPass TCU, remove the battery cable for 5 minutes then reconnect. This should force the TCU to a ‘waiting to authorize’ mode.
Without the vehicle in FordPass, install the app on the phone. DO NOT add the vehicle to the app at this time.
Perform a master reset on the Sync system. Reboot the Sync system by shutting down the vehicle for 5 minutes, then start the vehicle, engine running. Add your phone to Sync.
Now go to the FordPass app, add your vehicle. Once your vehicle is added, log out of the app and terminate the app on the phone.
Open the app, log in, and activate your vehicle. You should get an email and/or message in the FordPass app that says activation is pending.
You should get a message on the Sync screen to authorize the vehicle. Say yes. You should get an email and/or message in the FordPass app that says activation is done. It will take a few minutes for the app to populate info. You might have to sign out of the app on the phone and log back in to get the data initially.
Turn off vehicle.

If you do not get the emails/messages, or you get a message that says activation is not available, then something is wrong on the Ford end. Sometimes it takes a day or two for this to be resolved.

2 Likes

I bought the vehicle last week and the version that was installed on my vehicle was v3.0.20204 I tried doing everything that you mentioned about trying to populate the info into the app like my odometer, gas tank and location of vehicle. After doing all of that, it still doesn’t work. I was afraid that maybe with this update I did, it go rid of that functionality. Just seems weird and you’re right maybe its something with Ford’s Server. Also one more thing, this update I did will definitely void my warranty on my car wont it?

3 Likes

Only the Sync APIM, if that.

Go thru the procedure above, you need to do this step:
Take the vehicle out of FordPass. Delete the app on the phone to clear the app cache. It is best to do this the day before you try the rest of this, as this action needs to process through the Ford system. This step is important to clear the cache on the FordPass end.

Clearing the cache on the Ford end takes at least 24 hours…more on a weekend.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.