Ford Sync 3.4 Update

Hi,

if i update from ver 22251 to the latest version do i need to do a full factory reset first?

SYNC Region: EU

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Unknown

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 3.0

New SYNC Version: 22251

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
was fine for ages then started playing up. radio resets to AM frequency every time the ignition is turned off.

Update Method: CyanLabs Syn3 Updater

Syn3 Updater Version: can’t remember.

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read: yes

Syn3 Updater Log File

n/a

No…you do a master reset straight after the upload in the car.

Regarding your radio reset issue that can be a common glitch with version 22251 and the latest versions…mine does it too and I have the latest version 3.4.23188.

You will probably find, as I do, if you wait 5 seconds or so when entering the vehicle before starting the engine sync will start up where it was left off instead of resetting to AM radio.

If you open the door or turn off sync and then turn it straight back on the glitch will occur also.

In my case it often restarts on FM radio from where it was left on my USB music but I have not considered it a big deal when it occurs and just adjust sync to where I want it.

Incidentally, version 22251 has other bugs in it and you are better off with the latest version anyway. :wink:

1 Like

Normally it’s not required, but since you are running 22251 I assume your rwdata partition is full and maybe a master reset won’t work straight away.

Read this guide → APIM Sync Settings Not Saving, VER_ERR08 Errors, Cannot Perform Master Reset or Upgrades/Updates (Solved) , all known methods to resolve the issue (if present) are located there.

Hi…do you know if a couple of soft resets in a row will solve the glitch involving sync not returning at restart to where it was left at shutdown re music/radio or is it worth trying please with the later uploads? I have done a master reset.

MR / SR won’t solve that.
I had that “feature” happened to me just a few times, and I’m still running 3.0.
I hardly use Sync3 “standalone” anymore, since I’ve purchased a Wireless Android Auto adapter.
But since going back and forth is really easy, there’s nothing wrong with trying the latest 3.4 or the early 3.3 on your system.

1 Like

do i need to run that partition checker that you linked to in the guide and then use the Utility tool or just do a straight update to 23188?

Try the Master Reset first, then try upgrading.
The upgrade USB will try running the rwdata cleaner first either way as far as I remember) and if that fails you need to follow the guide for troubleshooing the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.