HELP! Trying to upgrade from 3.3.19025 to 3.4

Hello to all! I have a 2015 Ford F150 with a donor unit from a 2017 Ford Fusion. It is currently at 3.3.19025, and I would like to upgrade it to 3.4 (fairly certain it’s possible based on other forum posts.) But for whatever reason, whether it’s removing GraceNote, Voice, different USB devices, and different versions of 3.4, I cannot get my APID to update.I even tried downgrading to 3.0 thinking I could go to 3.4, but it hasn’t worked. I’m all ears for opinions. Thanks in advance!

Travis

SYNC Region: North America & Canada

Navigation Variant: No

Old SYNC Version: 3.3.19025

New SYNC Version: 3.3.19025

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
MEM_ERR03 was the last one I got

Update Method: Other

Syn3 Updater Version:

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read:

Syn3 Updater Log File

Could you please run the APIM Interrogator Utility in the Syn3 Updater and post the results? That will tell us what is up with the APIM. Or this… Tutorial: APIM Interrogator Utility - Ford / Guides & Info - CyanLabs Official Community

Also, if you used the Syn3 Updater, post the log file.

In the form above you posted old and new version the same. Which version were you trying to upgrade to?

From you description, I guess you have read this tutorial… Tutorial: Sync 3.4 NON-NAV APIM: Failure to Update to Newer Version Sync 3.4 - Ford / Guides & Info - CyanLabs Official Community

One last thing, did you program the APIM for the 2015 F-150?

I’d just like to upgrade to a 3.4 build…the APIM came programmed with my VIN. They took the parameters and loaded it for my truck. I will see what I can do first thing in the morning. Thanks in advance for all your help!

Well, for the sake of not ruining what I have, I may just pause…I thought it’d be pretty to navigate this, but after reading through, it’s more in-depth than I thought. I tried to run an update to the most up-to-date 3.4 build with the app only (no voice or GraceNotes) and am still getting the MEM_ERR03 error.

Did you run the Interrogator Utility to see what the storage capacity is on the APIM?

I was unable to locate the link for that tool. The page I clicked on said it was private…

It’s in the Syn3 Updater app Utility tab.

Explanation of each Syn3 Updater tab - Syn3 Updater - Docs - CyanLabs Official Community

I tried to run the tool, but it is not finding a file on the USB to extract.

What?

I have no clue…

When I run the Interrorgator Log USB program, it is not creating a log to read.

By run you mean you create an interrogator USB with Syn3Updater, and when you plug that USB to the car it does not do anything?

Do you see an installation message on the top of the screen?

Did you set your current version correctly in Syn3Updater?

Are you using a quality USB drive? (Not disk)

It runs the program and displays message on top of screen Updating…I set the current version, but when I go back to read the log, nothing is there. I have tried it with several different USB drives.

I’m sure if I removed the GraceNotes from the current 3.3.19052 build that’s installed, it’d go fine. But I cannot find the download for that (GB5T-14G386-SC_85041.tar.gz)

Please, post the following (in reference to the interrogator log)

• from the usb you created, post the file structure from the root
  • and the contents of SyncMyRide
  • the autoinstall.lst file’s contents

Interrogator log does not need space to run, it does not modify your APIM, it just reads information.

Well, it took…finally. Don’t know why, but it finally loaded!

What version of the APIM Interrogator Utility is it using? Look on the disk in the SyncMyRide folder, it will be -AD or -AC?
GB5T-14G386-SC_85041.tar.gz can be downloaded from the Software Database - CyanLabs

What loaded? The update to 3.4?

Yes…the 3.4 update loaded to the truck.

1 Like

Ok, thanks for the feedback.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.