Install failing

This app is starting to drive me insane, everytime i think i have fixed the issues and beta testers have tested something else pops up!!!

1 Like

no need to re-install, just go to C:\ProgramData\CyanLabs\Syn3Updater\ and delete LauncherPrefs.json

1 Like

Would that stop the issue I’ve been having? I’ve been trying to download all day today but forever reason it keeps failing downloads.

Is that a hidden file?

Thanks, I’ll remember that in the future. Seems like I was stuck on a 2.7.4 alpha build so I did that and it updated to the latest.

Probably not, i am trying to resolve download issues but it’s not simple and i can’t replicate it my self (i can replicate this 2.9.3 issue but thats a different story)

just press windows + R then type that path in

I’m going to change the launcher code to check if version is not equal to latest, currently it only checks if it’s lower, but if i pull a version it doesn’t automatically install the older release, if i make that change it will

1 Like

Not sure whether this will help but today even though I was clicking on none of the download option it would still download map files and then fail.

Sometimes it’ll download the file and fail on validation, sometime when I restart it’ll download and validate and then fail on the next… However if I download the file manually using the link it’ll download…

If you place the manually downloaded files into the Syn3Updater folder the app will verify the integrity of the files and use them to create the USB for you.

2.9.4 released, hopefully this works better :confused:

1 Like

I’ll give it a go tonight

Any ideas where I can just get the links for the files and manually download them?

I’m having the same issue this morning. Downloads are failing even though I’ve manually downloaded the file. Any ideas guys?

I keep getting failed to validate 4u4t 14g423-ac_1615425645000 tar gz

Use a different internet connection.

Hi
I’ve tried a number of different internet connections. Tried it at home tried it at work. I must be doing something wrong…

I’ve tried absolutely everything guys no luck at all… I can probably try it manually but don’t want to brick my nav!

Just to be safe, you used the manual method links and downloaded all the files with a web browser… Those files, you copied them into the folder that Syn3Updater would download files to, and then you run the process from Syn3Updater.

If so, if it’s still failing, I cannot think other than network issues or some kind of issue with your computer.

I did that however I think the installation didn’t recognise it as I think you need the files let files to state what files need to be written. I’m struggling to be honest

No, as long as you manually downloaded them and then copied into the Syn3Updater download folder, you are ok: Syn3Updater will get the queue from the servers, and since the files are already in the target directory, it will just validate them. If they are good, they won’t be downloaded…

You are not uncompressing the files after downloading, right?

Also, the versions and settings you used to manually download them are the same as the desired new version you put in Syn3Updater, right?

So I basically I downloaded the files. Created the installer without any of the maps files. Then I manually added them [o to the USB…

Whenever I tried to create the installer with the maps files I just get failed downloading

If you put the files in the download location then you Syn3 Updater doesn’t need to download them, if it is still downloading them then you have corrupt files