Install loop 3.4

cool and no master resets needed lol. and thats ok tbf not too bothered with maps car play fixes that. but always nice to do latest just incase

1 Like

Why does people force methods it’s beyond me.
Why did you force REFORMAT?.

If after a successful operation Sync still says that there’s a pending update, it may be a strange case where the APIM has a flag that’s there a pending update.
That won’t be cleared by a Master Reset.

So what you need to do is what’s said in the message I’ve just quoted

1 Like

This is what I was thinking too, but @Ninja_tiger stated that the message didn’t come back up after he did the master reset which leads me to believe that it’s something else (who knows with SYNC). It seems to be working fine now, so it’s likely best to leave it be in my opinion.

I just went through the automatic selections. typed my version in what I was going to and let it do the rest. unless ive overseen an option.

its curious the master reset cleared it but also on both perhaps if there is something flagged in the APIM where ive dropped back and then back up again could fix it - no reformat options are selected so ill just let it do its thing no blocks etc - I guess

no its not come back even left the car for a bit to try - just incase. maybe it is as you said SYNC being SYNC

An option is “forced” when you select an option here other than “autodetect”:

You must have selected reformat. Regardless, it still worked out for you since you were coming from 3.0 to 3.4 (and an older build of 3.4 at that).

1 Like

ahh that makes sense I think as was my first time I followed a YouTube video - just to make sure I missed nothing and he was 3.0 to 3.4 so I did what he did and that was the option he used. Makes sense though - thanks for showing me :slight_smile:

1 Like

No problem. In the future if you want to change the build you are on or something just let it autodetect and make sure you put in your correct current version up top. The app will handle everything for you to ensure the process goes smoothly.

1 Like

Will do in future. I suppose as long as you let the app update the version it will do the leg work for you. im curious as to the update with no format options this time will the update message clear or not. will keep you updated lol. tomorrow though I had enough for one day updating haha

1 Like

Yeah of course. I have no doubt that updating to a newer/older build without reformatting will clear that message. It only comes up when an existing update has been interrupted (which is why I found it strange that it came up directly after a reformat). Anyways, there’s lots of experimenting you can do with the app to find the solution that works best for you.

2 Likes

Yes, this is the case.

The error you are seeing is not a failed installation, rather the continued installation of maps, etc. If you wait for this to finish it will go away by itself. This error clears on a master reset or subsequent reboot of the APIM. You can run the APIM Interrogator to see if there is a a DTC set in the APIM, or look with FORScan. Open the XML file in a browser.

2 Likes

hi, I did the update to the latest version. it ran its course and no message. thanks everyone :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.