Issue with Travel Link

This is all that it would do…

Looks like it is set up correctly. Could just be it is taking forever to pull down the data from SiriusXM. That can take some time to do considering how they transmit the stuff. How long have you sat and waited for this info to show?

I’m sure F150Chief will chime in further on that. I haven’t had an active SXM sub for a while so my knowledge is limited. :slight_smile:

when I went south two week ago, I had it refreshed by sirusxm. I was trying to get it to work my entire trip there and back, I really needed it, the weather was very bad and the traffic was terrible…my old system worked great but I think it was sync 1 or 2…

I am reopening the old thread and moving this over…

All that in the pics looks correct, but it seems not to be downloading the info.
Is you phone number and phone the same as when you signed up for SiriusXM and Travel Link? (Remeber they are 2 distinct services, and 2 seperate accounts back then.) This looks like a Sirius account issue…

BTW
Sirius Travel Link works over your phone, not satellite, for requested data like fuel prices.

When I brought the vehicle back in 2016 it came with all that you see in the pixs, all I did after the trial expired I had to purchase the services, as far as I know it was SirusXM, Music & Entertainment, Traffic + SiriusXM Travel Link was part of the package, I just got off of the phone with SirusXM and I was told that is was a Sirus radio when I brought the vehicle…

Can you post the ACM and APIM asbuilt info?

the first pix with the 7D0-01-02 828B 0007 8A78, has been changed to 8878

Yes sir same number…

That’s very interesting. I always thought it pulled down via satellite. I know the old Sync 2 platform did as it had no actual app access like Applink/FordPass. Obviously Sync 3 is different but for many of these vehicles they’re using the same sat data feeds. And I know on my C-Max when they’ve had free trials, I’ve had all that stuff show without the SXM app on my phone. Whether or not Ford is feeding that themselves directly through FordPass is another story…

Then that brings another note: With Ford deprecating the Applink functionality, how is this going to be affected? If it is indeed being pulled from your phone, that’s gotta be how the data is communicated. And I’m even curious if they’ve started messing with that already quietly in the background.

But you know the thing is I was under the impression that upgrading would be as if I had my old system, and it just came to me I have had this account since 2010…what’s the difference between SiriusXM and Sirius

SiriusXM is the result of the merger between Sirius and XM Radio. It is a combination of channels from both platforms. (The Sirius and XM Radio platforms were not compatible when the merger took place. They have since resolved this by sunsetting the old Sirius platform and maintaining the XM Radio platform.)

SiriusXM entertainment and Sirius Travel Link are 2 separate services which used to be under different accounts, but now are under a single account. However, they are still separate subscriptions, even though they sell them as a package. You can get Sirius Travel Link and the equivalent fleet version without SiriusXM entertainment. Sirius Travel Link is about $6.00 US a month additional over the SiriusXM entertainment subscription.

The phone usage is for specific data on demand, in Sync 3 only. But you are correct, most of the data is pre-populated based on your home location for the Travel Link services. When you travel, the system is supposed to keep track of this, but sometimes gets lost.

SiriusXM now has 360L, which is available on Sync 4, and uses the TCU modem to download the data as applicable. This is essentially a version of the streaming service they offer online. You must have a data plan for the TCU.

So do I need to change settings in my phone in order to use the travel link, because the only thing that I did was install the new radio…I thought about putting my old radio back in and read the codes and compare but that probably won’t work either…I’m at a lost…

Change that back. This is not the issue but your NAV repeater is turned off for the IPC.

That might be a good idea to track down the issue.
What is the part number of the new radio? Does it begin with J or K?

I’m gonna have to pull the radio out to see if it is J or K, ok I took it out and the number starts with J, but my old sync does not have as many numbers as the new one does…sorry for the bad pix, I had to work outside…

1 Like

That APIM looks to be a Chinese counterfeit. Ford does not make Escapes in China, the paper tag is not what Ford uses, the serial number is bogus. All JJ5T series APIM’s I could find are made in Mexico.

Sync 2 has less lines in the asbuilt. That is correct. Keep in mind that the Sync 2 asbuilt is not directly compatible to Sync 3.

so I need try and find another apim, if i want the travel link

1 Like

Probably. Since I have not worked on the APIM I cannot guarantee that, but given what I know above, I would say yes.

ok great, I will order another APIM and see what happens, so I should find one that says assembled in Mexico…or what should I look for when i find another APIM…

For a North American vehicle, I would recommend staying with the ‘Made in Mexico’ units. Make sure that Mexico is actually spelled right, as some of the counterfeits misspell it.

For a NAV APIM, look for a later J or early K unit. NAV will have a ‘C’ in the first or second character of the suffix, but that is not always true. If it is advertised as a voice control unit, it’s likely not nav capable. The ones with nav usually are indicated as such. There is a database here on the site you can look up part numbers, SYNC 3 APIM Hardware Database - CyanLabs

You can reuse your screen. Do not buy an L or M unit. These are the new eMMC and cannot be reformatted with the present tools available, and will be less compatible with your 2016 Lincoln. If you have questions, feel free to ask…