Issues with rear view camera after upgrade from 3.0.20204 to 3.4.21265

the screenshot I’ve added to the post was made when I uploaded xml from Syn3 Updater.
However it is so weird, why it doesn’t generate xml correctly, just returned from the car and still incorrect content. :sob:

OK Thanks, then it should have worked however as we have already established the file is corrupt so that’s why it didn’t :slight_smile:

As for your dimming issue, you will need to use ForScan and try changing some of the lighting/illumination options. a $20 OBD adapter will do the job.

I’ve ordered recommended one by Forscan from Amazon, it will take some time. As I’ve read the random OBD adapters may brick APIM, so don’t want to risk with this :laughing:

For AsBuilt editing it is fine, for flashing calibration cheap adapters might not be good.

1 Like

can’t this be a problem why the APIM cannot perform certain operations correctly, like log writing (partition is 100% full)?

No.

downgraded to 19101 and the dimmed RVC screen issue is gone. After awhile will try to generate xml again, maybe it’s working now.
Tnks @SaNdMaN and @CyanLabs for your help and patience!

PS! wouldn’t it be wise/possible to integrate xml log generation step into update process, as it is done in case of stock updates? So, xml would be generated automatically after every version update.

EDIT: no luck with interrogator log file :frowning:

Mmm… So another unit that presents the same issue that an older build “solves”… Thank you for confirming that solution is still a valid one.

What you could try is installing newer builds to see if you can find which one “breaks” it …

About the interrogator, you could use the -AB package (you already tried -AC and -AD), but that’s not supposed to be run against 3.4…

Maybe but that would only work for AutoInstalls and the main purpose of Syn3 Updater was for Reformat installs, the autoinstalls was a after thought.

installing one by one is very time consuming, tho. Maybe any hints, which releases implies major or notable changes?
where I can find and download this AB package?

Unfortunately no changelogs are provided by Ford, the build number literally repesents the day of the year… so 19191 is the 191st day of the year 2019 for example

where I can find and download this AB package?

Make sure you have your current version set correctly in Syn3 Updater and then the interrogator should use AB, AC or AD depending on the specified version.

Syn3 constantly generates -AD package. Anyway, this is not the case anymore as I haven’t noticed any functional issues so far. Next week I will be able to read AsBuilt information via FORScan. I discovered that some parameters I can read via APIM’s hidden testing menu as well.
Will keep this topic updated about version upgrades.

As far as i know this is the version it should use for 3.4…
@F150Chief @SaNdMaN am i wrong?

From the interrogator tutorial:

For Sync 3.0 version 1.0/2.2/2.3, use file GB5T-14G386-AA. (Released 2016-05-26)
For Sync 3.2/3.3 all versions, use file GB5T-14G386-AB. (Released 2018-10-11)
For Sync 3.4.18347 to 3.4.20237, use file GB5T-14G386-AC. (Released 2020-02-19)
For Sync 3.4.20282 to present, use file GB5T-14G386-AD. (Released 2020-10-07)

So yes, AC or AD depending on which 3.4 version the user is running.

I do recall some issues with the proper version ran against older hw, that’s why I said he should try AB, but that’s a long shot.

So this new code would be correct?

1 Like

I would try all of them and I would bet AA will do the job :yum:
AD and AC have been tested - output wasn’t correct.

Seems about right, yes

It will probably fail, but it’s an easy test you can carry out. I do not recall any other issues like yours in the past, because the interrogator works, but produces a malformed output file.

How did you downgrade?
Autoinstall or reformat?

autoinstall, Syn3 didn’t detect that reformat is needed. I also assumed there’s no need to reformat as the partitions have been already prepared during previous upgrade.

EDIT: btw, here’s Ford’s stock update autoinstall file, it shows that AC version was in use and it worked (xml file uploaded prveiously)
autoinstall.lst (591 Bytes)

That is correct, it’s not necessary.
But in your particular case, I would recommend reformating the unit again.

Also, do you have the log for the upgrade USB you used?.