Microphone off after parking sensors got to work

I have done a Sync 1 to Sync 3 conversion. Then my Parking sensors and camera wont work. I got it to work with some coding, but then my microphone got off - the caller can’t hear me, and voice commands can’t hear me. Then i tried to set my car as it was before, but still no microphone. I have tried to update and another APIM and ACM and microphone, but nothing helps. Anybody know whats wrong?

Did you use a “kit” to do the conversion and did you use a wiring harness for all the conversion?

I bought apim used, and bought wiring harness online.

But the microphone worked with sync 3 before I got the computer on.

images
This

I think you may have the wrong harness. It does not seem to have the wires in the right place for the Microphone. If you know what pins to check on the 54 pin APIM side than you could see if they are in the right place and move them if needed.

1 Like

Use the attached doc to verify the wiring for the harness.
APIM Connector Versions.pdf (201.0 KB)
You will see that the microphone connections from Sync 1 to Sync 2 or 3 change. Make sure this is correct in your harness and the microphone it turned on in the APIM asbuilt.
The Sync 3 asbuilt settings can be found here:
Sync 3 APIM Database - CyanLabs

1 Like

The microphone have worked with Sync 3 apim before I Got Parking sensors to work, so i dont Think its wiring problem, but i Will check again. I can’t see as built for the microphone, do you know where it is?

I don’t think the microphone is bad so it makes sense that it used to work. I think your harness might be wrong.

Post your APIM asbuilt. Did you also make changes to the ACM as well as APIM?

1 Like

WF0HXXWPBHET35018_APIM_20211003_134947 3-10.abt (401 Bytes)

No chances to ACM. ACM may be to old. It can’t with forscan. 2014 Grand C-MAX

Your APIM came from a Ford Kuga…it’s not quite right. You should make the changes in the new asbuilt attached.

Attached is the new APIM asbuilt and spreadsheet, ETIS report, and the old Sync 1.1 asbuilt.
Sync 3 APIM As Built Database WF0HXXWPBHET35018.xlsx (86.2 KB)
WF0HXXWPBHET35018_APIM_NEW.abt.txt (401 Bytes)
WF0HXXWPBHET35018 Sync 1 Asbuilt.txt (163 Bytes)
WF0HXXWPBHET35018 ETIS.pdf (2.3 MB)

As far as the microphone is concerned, it either works or not as far as the APIM is concerned. There is not adjustment. It it’s connected like the diagram above; it will not work. Above shows the mic connected to pins 3 and 4 of the APIM (Sync 1). The adapter you as using probably expects them to be on pins 5 and 6.

1 Like

Uden titel
Thanks for help! I have a problem, i don’t understand.

Will it help with a new APIM?

Continue anyways….

I did that, but still no mic

I dont understand why it wont work

@Alex_Saunte :warning: please, do not bump threads in the future

Above shows the mic connected to pins 3 and 4 of the APIM (Sync 1). The adapter you as using probably expects them to be on pins 5 and 6.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.