Multi Contour Seats not available

Since you are mentioning DTCs, did you try removing the battery for 30 minutes to force all modules to reboot?

It’s been disconnected longer than that while doing my delete and CAI. Still present.

Is this something I do while connected to OBD via laptop with updated installed?

No, Syn3Updater can create what’s called interrogator log, so that you plug that into the car and a XML file is generated with information about the APIM

So I need to put the updater on a usb (I assume the root, by itself?) and plug into truck and start it, it will automatically create the file?

1 Like

No updater, just create the USB from Syn3Updater, utility tab. Look at this thread, will help you understand more → Tutorial: APIM Interrogator Utility/Create Interrogator Log

Ok, will do I will post when I have the file. Thank you.

Is there anyway to obtain the DONTINDX.MSA and auto install.lst files without redone loading an entire update? I don’t have the files from when I did the update anymore

Don’t worry about it, it’s just an optional file. Or…

You can make one in notepad. New file, save as DONTINDX.MSA. This will be a 0KB file, nothing in it. Make sure the extension does NOT say .txt.

1 Like

Do I need to also create an autoinstall.lst?

Yes, but you can do this with the Syn3 Updater if you have it already.

Ok I’ve tried multiple times, no XML gets created when I plug in the Usb but it tells me “installation complete I can remove USB”

Use this.
autoinstall.lst (151 Bytes)

Download GB5T-14G386-AC_1587495565000.TAR.GZ from the software Database, Software Database - CyanLabs

You can make one in notepad. New file, save as DONTINDX.MSA. This will be a 0KB file, nothing in it. Make sure the extension does NOT say .txt.

It’s in the SyncMyRide folder on the USB…

THAT TAR.GZ file doesnt match my sync build, is that fine? and the SyncMy Ride folder that was creating when “preparing a drive” do i keep that TAR.GZ in the folder as well but edit the autoinstall.lst for the one i download from the software database? TIA

The file will work fine.

Did you clear the DTC’s for the APIM?
And the DTC’s for the DSM, SCMG, and SCMH (seat modules)?
Did you see a low voltage indication in the DTC for the DSM?
If you did not, the MCS may not function.

Sync_WWC4779G_.xml (10.9 KB)

DTCs have been cleared. this is what im left with

Those are “Lost communications with the seat module” DTC’s. I got the same DTC’s because my truck sits for a while and the battery goes below 11.5 VDC, which will start power shed or ‘Deep Sleep’ in the F-Series and other models. If these keep coming back, there is another issue.

Make sure your battery is charged and holding at least 12.5 VDC. You may have to reset the DSM in FORScan.

<p:BroadcastDTCType>
<d2p1:DTC DTCValue=“c24b000b”/>
<d2p1:DTC DTCValue=“c24c000b”/>
</p:BroadcastDTCType>

Try running the -AD version of the interrogator file. Just change the names in the autoinstall.lst file. The file you posted did not format properly.

autoinstall.lst (156 Bytes)

The battery is holding a charge, is there a way I can downgrade back to sync 3.0? I find it odd that this problem would start occurring when I upgraded the sync version and it not be related to the update. I never had an issue or an intermittent issue before this upgrade.