Navigation Malfunction - Sync 3 21265

Hello,

My Sync 3 system sometimes shows “Navigation Malfunction”. The problem is not permanent, meaning is appears and goes away after I turn the car off and on several times. I suspect the aftermarket GPS antenna to be the culprit, not sure though. My car is Ford Fusion 2013. I converted from sync 2 to 3 and everything goes like a charm except for this sporadic error message.

SYNC Region: Europe

Navigation Variant: Yes

Old SYNC Version: 21019

New SYNC Version: 21265

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

Update Method: CyanLabs Syn3 Updater

Syn3 Updater Version: 3

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read: Yes

Syn3 Updater Log File

This issue is not uncommon for Sync 3 swaps using aftermarket GPS antennas. This thread has a lot of info about GPS signal and issues.
No GPS signal after updating from 3.2.18124 to 3.4.21098 - Ford / Sync 3 - CyanLabs Official Community

Here is a troubleshooting guide for the GPS antenna.
PINPOINT TEST T - Compass or Navigation is Inoperative.pdf (638.2 KB)

Your profile says North America, yet your SYNC region says Europe. Which one is it?

I am currently in Jordan, Middle East. My car was imported from the USA with a non-Nav APIM. I bought an EU APIM with 64GB and did the conversion perfectly. I adjusted the region settings using Forscan all seems good so far, except for the problem I cited above.

Will try to look into this and see if anything would work.

@Jordan_Knight have you been able to make some progress?

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.