Newer ACMs compatible with APIM JR3T-14G371-CHA

I have several you pull it junk yards nearby where I have gotten everything. I always grab the pigtails and more when I go out. The yards don’t care about the wiring around here.

1 Like

Chief,

I have a 2018 F-150. I did the APIM reformat and am at 3.4.22251. With baseball season here, I wanted to listen to the Mets game and to my amazement I don’t have the upper channels. I had the upper channels on my 2007 Trailblazer and the lady at Sirius said that I don’t have a compatible radio. I am a ford tech, and I dont have my radio part number handy.

What part number do I need to look for, to make sure I have the correct version. I will be able to get more information later this afternoon/evening when I can get my truck in and on IDS. I just wanted to throw this out for now so I can start the research in case I need to get a different radio.

Thank you.

SiriusXM Upgrade with X40 Capable ACM.
ACM examples:
KL3T-18D832-BH SDARS w/o HDR (2019 F-150)
KL3T-18D832-CH SDARS w/HDR (2019 F-150)
KL3T-18D832-FJ SDARS w/HDR (2019 F-150)
LT4T-18D818-BC SDARS w/o HDR (2020 Edge)
LT4T-18D818-CC SDARS w/HDR (2020 Edge)
MT4T-18D818-BC SDARS w/o HDR (2021 Edge)
MT4T-18D818-CC SDARS w/HDR (2021 Edge)

You would not happen to have a pinout diagram of the connectors handy.

I would happen to have that. This is for a 2019 F-150, but is the same as an Expedition. Notice that unused pins are highlighted. You can harvest these to make the required connections if needed.

Thank you very much.

So those look to be the pinouts for the new acm/apim I am installing. Would you happen to have pinouts for the older acm/apim I am replacing as well? That would helo me identify the wires on both ends I am harvesting/relocating.

My concern is that there seems to be several missing wires when I compare my connector with the pinouts. Not sure if I need to be adding more wires.

These are my current connectors on the back of the acm.

I have a 2018 Fusion and I didn’t have the extra wires. I don’t have a pull it yourself yard nearby so I had to order a couple of connector repair kits from Ford. The ACM and APIM have different connector types. I can get part numbers later.

EDIT: these are the parts, WT1000 and WT1002. Green ones go in the ACM connector, black ones go in the APIM connector (found this out the hard way but it wasn’t something some hot glue couldn’t fix)

Some of my concern/curiosity is that it appears there are several wires/circuits that are present on my original acm/apim that are not on the new acm/apim. Will I be losing any important connections or are the connections there but the connector needs to be repinned to maintain those circuits.

1 Like

I couldnt say for sure without seeing a wiring diagram, but from seeing the one for my car and comparing it to the F150 ones that have been posted, they seem to only populate the connectors that are used.

I wound up paying for 3 day access to Ford’s system to get the wiring diagrams for my car.

Expedition has rear seat entertainment systems. I don’t have a particular pinout for an Expedition, but maybe @bill32399 does…

The RSE only interfaces through a special Ford App so beyond that it is not directly wired to the ACM or APIM so you lose nothing.

Decided to buy the electrical diagram manual for my 2019 Expedition to see what the differences are. Since it seems 2019 was a transitional year for the apim and acm for the Expedition, maybe it will have the pinouts for both new and old units. Either way will post the information available for the apim/acm.

Wonder if we can start a collection of that information in a separate thread on this forum. I think it would be useful information.

Nothing changed between 18 & 19. The changes came in 2020. They added the HS4 network and rerouted a bunch of Canbus communications. Newer GWM and added Sirius 360L.

We can place it in the Information or asbuilt section. I can make a thread for it…we can link that to some others here also.

That is good to know. I may be over thinking this but when I compared my ACM connectors with the diagram F150Chief posted, there looks to be significant differences between what is populated on my connectors and what is on the diagram and the differences are not just the 4 new connections needed. So I am thinking I may need to do a little more repinning than just add the 4 extra connections.

Mine already had VMEF, all I had to add was VMEG. Judging from mine, they just populate what is needed, no more, no less. Mine had a lot less, but looking at the pins they were for features that my car did not have.

If you’re really nervous about it, you can buy access to Ford’s full mechanic site for 3 days for $21.95. This will get you wiring diagrams, connector pinouts, service guides, everything for those 3 days (and you can print the diagrams too). I had to do it to get the part numbers for the connector pins because the parts department at my dealer… well saying they were useless is an insult to things that are useless. Doesn’t help that Ford calls them all “FUEL PUMP HARNESS TERMINAL” on the website.

2018 ACM

2020 ACM

1 Like

Those are great. Thank you very much. I can get some sleep tonight. LOL

Would you also have the corresponding apim diagrams?

Looks like you lose the center front speaker as well as remote CD by upgrading the ACM.

I do have the APIM ones also. They did delete the CD player in 2020 so the FCIM-B also changed due to this. These new ACM’s have the 8 digit Sirius numbers that are used for Sirius 360L. You will also see the 2 wires added for this in the ACM and APIM diagrams for 2020.

Any concern about the lack of can bus high speed 4 high/low connections to the new apim? Any idea what is lost as a result?