Newer ACMs compatible with APIM JR3T-14G371-CHA

ACM is LL1T-18D818-CC

APIM is LU5T-14G371-CPA

You wouldnt happen to have an L APIM laying around looking for a new home would you?

Just be aware that using an L-series APIM you cannot reformat for maps, etc. A late K-series APIM will work for this if that is a concern.

I just got this from Ebay… Now I can’t wait for it to arrive!!!

LU5T-14G371-CPA

1 Like

I have a J series sitting here that I need to throw on Ebay. With the “L” one you have to have the VIN for it to update maps. It’s a pain to do but I have made it work.

I have an M series ACM also but it was from a Sync 4 setup so I am not sure how the Sirius Traffic will work on it since Sync 4 does not use Sirius Traffic. I have several other ACM’s but they are not Sirius 360L versions.

So I need to get the vin from the donor vehicle?

Question. If you use Fords FDRS/FJDS to replace the APIM, will it update Ford servers to reflect that the module is now installed in that vehicle?

I am leading up to the Ford owners website having the appropriate OS displayed for your vehicle so you can get updates and maps without having the dinor modules VIN.

I believe they install the lower software versions that were approved for that vehicle. So you have a newer APIM with older software.

We have seen many instances of people having APIMs that were replaced by dealers only to find out they now had a 20+ APIM.

That is an unfortunate statement, and I will start my search again for a K APIM

Well installed everything today and am having a problem with the ACM. I am getting DTC from it and from all the modules that want to talk it.

Based on the asbuilt from the donor vehicle, the asbuilt is the sam as my car.

Both Forscan and FDRS has problens talking to it.

Not sure if I need to do something else to get it to work or just replace it.

Also an interesting thing. Forscan and FDRS reports that my APIM is JR3T-14G371-CHA but the label on the unit implies a K series.

If it is a K series, can I force different calibration/firmware on it and potentially unlock capabilities like communicating with 360L capable ACMs if the extra wires are added?

That K series is already capable if 360L. @872f93d935776cc2d5b7 Just installed a J series and it is working with 360L.

The current calibrations are ok and all it needs is the added wire pair and turn on the capability with the asbuilt and a compatible ACM?

All you need is the 08 bytes in the APIM Calibration, Wires and Correct ACM(8 Digit ESN)and your good.

What I find interesting is that Forscan shows

APIM - Accessory Protocol Interface Module
Part number: JR3T-14G371-CHA
Calibration level: JR3T-14G371-CJG
Strategy : HB5T-14G374-CA
Calibration: HB5T-14G375-CA

But the actual part number on the unit is KL1T-14G370-ACB

It is also perplexing.

KL1T-14G370-ACB does not show up in the Cyanlab database but JR3T-14G371-CHA does

Have you been deleting your profile when you add new hardware and creating a new one each time? If you dont it will show your old info. J series APIM is what you had in a 2018 Expedition originally.

The K series APIM was the original one in my 2019 Expedition that shows up as a J series in Forscan and FDRS.

Oh, yea that’s right, forgot you had a 19. That would be K.

Got a new ACM installed and everything seems to be working. Not sure what I should change in the programming of the new one. I cannot just copy the old programming to the new one as some of the registers have different meanings. Will need to look closer at the database to see what I need to manually change. Will gladly accept any guidance or suggestions.

I think you can use the settings of a 2020 pretty accurately.