No update available from original Ford homepage

Hi guys. I just register here in fact that a will update my system. I only did that once from the ford homepage without any problems. In fact that my maps are f10, I would like to update them, as usually with the ford homepage. I download the map and go ahead to my car. But I get an error with says that the hardware don’t match with the map. I find out that I can update it with your software as well. But here is the point. I’m not very sure of my sync is 2020 or above. Can someone help me out?
APIM Modul - Zubehör-Schnittstellenmodul

Teilenummer: JR3T-14G371-FFB

Calibration level: JR3T-14G371-FJG

Strategie: HB5T-14G374-CA

Kalibrierung: HB5T-14G375-FA

VIN: WF0JXXWPCJGS15090

SYNC Region: EU

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Unknown

Install Type: Unknown

Old SYNC Version: 3.4.21194

New SYNC Version: 3.4.21194

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

Update Method: Official Ford

As both our hardware DB and the sticker on the APIM, that unit is MY20. That means you can’t reformat it.

And that means to me? Sorry I’m absolutely new in this thing. I find out how to get in the secret menu, and here is what’s is.

I don’t get it, here I get another serial number of the apim

Like Sandman said it means that your APIM is a 2020+ module and you cannot use Cyanlabs to format it to update the maps or you will brick it.

Okay is there any other way for me to update?

Sync_WV9WG4SG_WF0JXXWPCJGS15090.xml (11.0 KB)

Thats my log from today

As long as you keep MY20 protection active in Syn3updater and the installation method is autoinstall you can do whatever option Syn3updater gives you.

So I can use the updater the normal way, just set it in autoinstall and keep the protection active? Thanks a lot

So this are the right settings? I only want to be sure before i do anything wrong

Looking good. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I place the USB in my car today. It give me the update info and it takes round about 45 minutes and then it says that I must restart the car. After I did that it says the update is finish. But nothing is up to date. No system update and no map update. What’s wrong here?

Provide:

• the log for the USB you are using for upgrading.
  • create and run an interrogator log, post the resulting XML file

Can do that tomorrow after I’m home from work

log.txt (13.0 KB)
Sync_WV9WG4SG_WF0JXXWPCJGS15090.xml (11.0 KB)
Sync_WV9WG4SG_WF0JXXWPCJGS15090.xml (10.7 KB)

So how can I get the updates done?

No one can help?

del due to misread former post.

Apologies for the delayed response, I’ve been having some rough couple of days.
Thank you for the files.

There are good and “not-so-good” news.
The good news is that the first section of the installation worked ok, all the files in that section were correctly installed. The “not-so-good” news are:

• the apim is not giving its model (we know it’s MY20 since you posted a picture)
  • It’s showing about 30GB of free space, which does not make any sense for an EU APIM (may be due to an incomplete install)
  • It’s not providing ASBUILT data.

But, that should not prevent you from finishing the install.
Once the APIM restarted, did you leave the USB connected?.
Installing EU maps via auto-install is a lengthy process that takes multiple reboots and takes a lot of time.

If you didn’t keep your USB connected, then you interrupted the process.
If you did leave it connected and nothing happened, we can try resuming the process, but I would try a different USB device… Don’t you have another one?, maybe one from Sandisk or some recognized brand like that.

If you want to try resuming the installation, you will have to:

• make a copy of the autoinstall.lst file as backup.
  • edit the autoinstall.lst file and remove the following section:
  • plug the USB into the car and see what happens.

Also, you provided 2 interrogator log output, I only reviewed the latest one from the 18th.

Thanks for the reply. And by the way, you don’t have to apologize. This is digital life here, the real life is always number 1.

I doesn’t have another USB drive that have enough storage. You have seen it right, after the first installation and the reboot, I unplug the USB, so there is my problem :sweat_smile: as I sad I’m complete new to this problem. But didn’t I get it right, that after the first reboot the software should be updated, and after that it would update the map? So that’s strange because after the reboot the radio give me an info that the system is finished to update to version 3.4.21194 but this is exactly the version I’m on before the update

Resume the installation then and do not interrupt it this time. Each section on the file is a reboot (so a total of 3 reboots with the original file). Sync3 version is updated in the last section.