Ordered a SYNC 4 APIM, lets see what happens once it arrives!

Hi everyone,
I’m new to sync 4 with a 22 bronco badlands with the standard package i.e. 8" screen etc.
I want to record the cameras (front driver assist and rear only cameras on standard package)
I have forscan for config but these cameras are on a coax and not like the previous generation cameras with the six pins. I want to ‘roll my own’ dvr but don’t know how these cameras are powered and send signal.
Does the sync 4 APIM output analog video and if so, does the 8" version support breaking out the channels separately or is these feeds aggregated video.

Thanks and sorry for hijacking this thread. Let me know if I need to create a new topic.

1 Like

It will not. There is no video output of the APIM other than the screen.

1 Like

This may help you if you have the 360 camera’s with the IPMB… This info is specific to the Bronco.

2 Likes

Thanks. I have been reading/researching the LVDS these systems utilize and it makes a lot more sense to me now. It looks like the cameras (except for the driver assist camera) need a can message to enable or disable. This is a deal breaker for my DVR so I am looking at a different approach.

Hey Guys, i upgrade my transit from 2021 to 2023 with sync 4, have replace the apim,bcm, gwm with eth cables, hvac module. Ok most work only drive Mode not, i have a puma Digital ipc in, with old Buttons and gwm work, think i have to upgrade my ipc for newer Signals? With old gwm and button i change to eco it show in apim and Change in cluster, with new gwm and hvac nothing press display and not change the Mode.

My question is more to get the tcu fit… all from same car, only from another land (Finland) mine Location is Germany, maybe anyone can give me an instruction…
Frds and Ucds i have…

Hi everyone, I just spent the morning reading through this thread. Lots of userful info, lost of it way over my head.
Has anyone done the sync 4 swap for the mustang?
I have a 2017 ecoboost, base and I was able to do the swap to sync 3. Currently on sync 3.4 with the gen 3 or 4 model. It’s the apim with more memory, as I understand it for sync 3.
I have a sync 4 device with Nav coming later this week and I am pretty confused when it comes to programming the sync 4 module. I understand that I cannot use the AB data from sync 3. Since there is no sync 4 for the s550’s I am unsure where to start. If someone can help point me in the right direction I would appreciate it
Thanks

I would not recommend it, you will just loose some feature functionality and have no NAV guidance or updates, and you will not be able to update the Sync 4 OS as well. You may also need to upgrade the ACM as well.

Hello, do you know what’s the latest version of Sync 4 for Ford Focus 2023? I’m stuck on Sync 4 21333 and it looks like there is no way to manually sideload the upgrade for AA/Carplay fullscreen…

Has anyone got climate controls to work either on screen or buttons? 2016 f150 xlt

I upgraded to the sync 4 and none of my actual manual buttons do anything now. Climate doesn’t even show up on the screen. God I miss the volume control.

Update:
Just got it to work. I just had to disconnect pins 16 and 17 and that gave me full control of my manual buttons and volume control. Something to do with the can bus medium speed.

Manual buttons worked fine on my 2019 Fez but doubt they will work on a old car like a 2016 model

You can see by this diagram for a 23 Expedition that SYNC 4 only uses the HS3 network. Reason why some items will probably never work is because the GWM and other modules have different communication paths. You would need to replace all of these and rewire some. You can also see the new FDCan network also.

1 Like

Sync 4 is OTA or manual update thru the service department. There are no publicly downloadable service packages.

The MS-CAN issue is mentioned in this thread…

OK, thanks! I saw that some people got the AA Fullscreen update

That is true but you will need to figure out how to perform that update on a Sync 4 unit without OTA. Also, the updates are VIN specific.

hi
how r u

my question is apim 4 nav us how change map to uae is working??
need advice please :pray:

thanks

Sync 4 navigation is a subscription service for live mapping and updates. To update the Sync 4 maps requires a Ford service center.

Any news about enabling wi-fi on Sync 4?
This man have working wi-fi on Sync 4, but no info.

The key to getting wireless AA and CP working is getting wireless app projection working. Keep in mind that Wifi (OTA updates) and Nav will not work. If you enable wifi it will not see any wifi networks and breaks wireless CarPlay and Android Auto so leave Wifi disabled.

Yeah, i know about customer connectivity settings. But, in video that i mentioned before, author have wi-fi connection enabled, and successfully connected to his home network. No matter how much I tried to play with as-built config, I can’t get wi-fi to see networks.
I need worked wi-fi connection for some of my experiments on the bench but still can’t get it to work.