Ordered a SYNC 4 APIM, lets see what happens once it arrives!

They make one for a rear camera addition that is a passthrough.

Yeah i know, however these cables are stupid prices in the UK, canā€™t really justify Ā£40 for a 54pin extension when i donā€™t know for sure that it will even work lol, AliExpress have them for like Ā£10-15 but would be 2022 then :ā€™(

Like thisā€¦
SM Plug and Play Backup Camera Input Harness for Ford SYNC 2 or SYNC 3 8" Screen | eBay

rear camera harness sync 3 | eBay

Yeah, like Ā£40 here, which is fine, but i donā€™t want to buy it and it still not work lol, so trying to get a UK contact to lend me one :wink:

1 Like

When you remove 54 and 53 it wil work i also tested this, i have also apim cable on stock send me a pm, just cover the alie expres price and shipping

Thanks but as you are not in the UK i suspect the wait / import will be too long/expensive.

Sync 3 vs Sync 4 Pin Out Comparison (Best artwork ever :wink: )

3 Likes

Shipping uk less than 1 week from the netherlands

2 Likes

HS4-CAN on pins 41, 42 was not implemented in older vehicles, so not an issue. But if I had wires there, I would make sure the buss is not terminated to ground.
Pins 53, 54 were HS1-CAN. Depending on the vehicle, connected to several thingsā€¦but with the wires connected affects the PCM and BCM negatively. I would guess APIM pins 53, 54 are now terminated to ground.

I have a Sync 2 spreadsheet that Iā€™m checking. This will be for the folks who upgraded to Sync 3 and then want to go to Sync 4. There is a lot more wiring, some of it obsoleted by Sync 3.

1 Like

Considering what happened to @Alex16sā€™s car Iā€™m sure either 53/54 are routed ground or to some current sink on the board so that sounds plausible. HS1 = HS on the Fiesta Mk7.5, HS3 = ICAN/MMCAN on the Fiesta depending on the document you look at and the sort of have the same configuration as the Focus 3 but not exactly. I was hoping they did the same as with the MSCAN pins on the later Sync 3 modules and just remove the CAN Transceiver and let the pins float but they obviously didnā€™t do that for those two pins.

Looking at the CAN bus messages and data Iā€™ve got so far for the Fiesta Mk7.5 it more and more looks like a mismash of standards to my eyes. The biggest problem with getting it to work with a CAN Bus translator (converting the necessary stuff to what the module understands) in between is the specifications of the bus messages which are hard to come by. Iā€™ve gotten some data but far from all. If anyone has those Iā€™d be glad to have them :grin: We shall see where that project ends but itā€™s a lot less easy than I hoped.

1 Like

I agree. Since there is only one CANBUS left on the APIM, I would have through the others would be terminated, as this would be proper practice if the transceiver was still in place.

:woozy_face:

My cable has been delivered, 2.5 hours left of work then iā€™ll do attempt 2 :smiley:

Plug and play?

Somewhat, Im unable to get ucds or forscan to see it so canā€™t configure the asbuilt, trying to figure out why

2 Likes

Make sure your on beta 3 last version of forscan do a clean instal, i did get asbuilts and could reprogram the module

On which car? Thanks

Do you have a link? I use ucds mostly

1 Like