Ordered a SYNC 4 APIM, lets see what happens once it arrives!

Just tried still doesn’t see the apim

Here the link mate,

https://forscan.org/download/FORScanSetup2.4.5.beta3.exe

I did reprograming in my fiesta mk7.5 but did not get the display to work 6,5”

But was able to read out and config the module

If want i can call you? Send me pm

Thanks, yeah I can’t get it to see that I even have a APIM (sync 4), sync 3 shows ofcourse

Send you a pm

Got it working thanks for trying to help @Alex16s but turns out apim just had a mad one… Config working now

1 Like

1 Like

Does the climate screen work or is that an anomaly? This is a code for Ford P702 F150 BEV (Lightning).
The vehicle type is probably wrong and the climate also.
Look at these.
7D0-03-02 XXxx xxxx xx-- Vehicle
7D0-02-01 xxxx xXxx xx-- Heated Seats HMI (HSHMI) • Mode Man (MM) • Climate Control Type (CCT)
7D0-02-01 xxxx xxxX xx-- Outside Air Temperature HMI (OATHMI) • Rear Defrost (RD) • Climate Domain (CD) • Fan Repeater (FR)

Not quite the same mounting holes…

Could i have this asbuilt config?

Been sat in my car all night, now bed time :smiley:

So the list of features that don’t work… It’s a long one…
Volume control shows minimum all the time
DSP Occupancy doesn’t work
Adaptive Volume doesn’t work
Radio Presets don’t work
Changing the auto climate mode between the 3 levels doesn’t show on screen like it did on SYNC 3 (fan speed & temperature does)
Error in BCM, Error in RCM and Error in APIM
WiFi doesn’t work
Hotspot doesn’t work (TCU doesn’t work)

But other than all of that, i HAVE WIRELESS ANDROID AUTO! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

EDIT: i also don’t know if AA/Waze directions show in the IPC or not yet.

You can have a UCDS xml file but i don’t use forscan so don’t have a forscan ready one.

It doesn’t work, it never worked properly on SYNC 3 either so i have just disabled it.

1 Like

This is the result of the ACM not working with the module. It’s the same result as configuring an incompatible one (special dsp version) on sync 3 modules. If the “debug” menu is still there it will probably show an error with the ACM version.

Yeah this was my guess also, debug menu somewhat exists

1 Like

That’s all I ask for. Everything else can be fixed :sweat_smile:

All the things you mention give me the idea the ACM is not supported or incorrectly configured. Wifi not working is expected, the Sync4 do not have wifi out of the box in most configurations afaik and rely on the TCU module for external communication.

The CC not showing anything is not unexpected to me, I would suspect it doesn’t support the older messages the Fiesta’s send (even the Mk8’s).

I would like to get my hands on an update package sometime so if you are able to get one since you have a “working” device… It would give me the opportunity to decompile the CAN listener and look at what it actually listens to. Fingers crossed Ford left most the debug information in it again.

Technically two, the other one is for the “Bluetooth module”. Well actually even one more since the SDARS link is a CAN bus as well or at least on the Sync3 modules it uses a can bus transceiver.

Open to suggestions on ACM config, I wonder if a sync 4 ACM works?

Yeah it doesn’t work properly even on sync 3 and comes disabled by default iirc

Happy to help but don’t have much kit other than a ucds adapter and license and a wiring harness with 53/54 cut

Maybe, if it wakes up but since the APIM does I expect the ACM to do as well. Who knows if there is a way to configure it, no way to know until we start experimenting with it or a car with old radios is manufactured (But unfortunately I suspect not since Ford focuses on the combined ACM with built in ‘sync’ for that).

If you know the VIN of the donor car, maybe try putting it into the sync update site from Ford and see what happens :laughing:. Else I guess we’ll have to wait for the usual suspects to publish the download links. Haven’t seen any so far.

I don’t know the vin of the donor

I agree there are more but only one for general CAN communications on the vehicle. The others are for specific networking purposes, including the ethernet.