Park assist issues (post sync 3 upgrade)

Hello -

I have a 2016 MKZ that I upgraded to sync 3 however my park assit no longer works.

When pressing the button the screen does appear and displays the updated screen with left side selection but not the newer features. When it makes the tone that a spot was found the screen simpy crashes and goes back to android auto.

I have been digging around the forums and all seem to tie back to a FAQ here that I cannot access. I am getting the below:

“Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private.”

Can someone point me the right direction? I found an old thread on Fusion board but they wre saying they needed addional harnesses to attach the rear sensors? I am not finding much info on the MKZ.

Thank you,
Dave

SYNC Region: North America & Canada

Navigation Variant: Yes

Install Type: Unknown / Not Sure

Old SYNC Version: 2.000

New SYNC Version: 3.400

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
no error message

Update Method: CyanLabs Manual Method

Syn3 Updater Version:

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read:

Syn3 Updater Log File

Can you link me the FAQ that you keep getting pointed back to.

Thank you for your reply. It looks to be working correctly now. It was this one:

I will read through it and attempt. Are there any reputible services I can pay for assistince with this? I have a pretty locked down work laptop and only gaming PC running currently. Purchase an new PAN pre updated?

Thanks,
Dave

Makes sense :slight_smile: Forum had a massive restructure today, some posts got lost, i’m recovering them as i notice.

I’m in the EU so i wouldn’t know, maybe @NaviUpgrade can assist not sure.

Thank you @CyanLabs

@NaviUpgrade ; I look forward to your reply.

you may be best off messaging him on his own website (linked in his profile)

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

In theory you could do it from your gaming PC, just get a long extension lead :smiley:

1 Like

Ha yeah, pull the car up to the window. I am sure I could borrow a friend’s if not too painful of a process. I did not complete the initial upgrade but I do have the USB cable on hand.

1 Like

The guide is written by @Louage, not something i have done personally so not sure how difficult it is.

It’s pretty simple to do, being a fusion you may not need to do the firmware updates, just try the asbuilt changes.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.