Reformat no nav using 20351

Hi , I just want to warn y’all that the process of reformat using 20351 do not work on No Nav Apim (8gb version). The process will finish on red screen trying to expand gracenotes. The voice pkg has been increased from 1gb to 1.5gb, so, the apim goes to run out of space.
The possible solution could be eliminating gracenotes from autoinstall.lst (I always do manual method) a gentleman from fmods group recommend me to use CN gracenotes pkg, it s smaller.
At first, I ve used original reformat.lst from here, and it always finish with error.
So, I tried with 19200 and it works well, strange situation , then witj some help from fmods group I ve realized that 3gb packages do not fit on this apim.

Also, cutting gracenotes on 20351 reformat (it works) and trying to update later alone the gracenotes you will get mem error too.
I don t care too much about gracenotes but will try later to upload chinese gracenotes that holds only 380mb.

Regards
Fernando

Hi thanks for the information, what region is this?

Hi, don’t mention it, it’s ANZ

Do you have your system running now, right?
Syn3Updater provides a tool to interrogate the APIM, and one of the information it provides is space allocation.

Since it’s clearly a space issue, it would be nice to see how much free space you have after reducing the footprint of some packages.

Yes, is running ok, with 20351 and gracenote from chinese zone.
400 mb (CN) versus 800 mb (ANZ), so, no space at all.
More details I’ve wrote in f-mods telegram group.
R

Fer,

You are using the wrong Gracenotes package for ANZ in the photo above. This is the EU Global package. The correct package for ANZ is:

4U5T-14G423-DB 566Mb Sync3 v3.3.20178 1.1.1.2220 (GL-0011) (24.05.2020): ANZ (8)

This can be downloaded from the Ford APIM IVSU Database - CyanLabs

Please reference this tutorial to correct your installation.

Tutorial: No Gracenotes After Sync 3.4 Installation. Manual Installation Instructions - Ford / Guides & Info - CyanLabs Official Community

Actually according to Ford spec and UofM or whatever he is called BB is correct, in the new Syn3 Updater it will be the following for voice

and Gracenotes will be

If he uses what I posted it will work and he will have the proper Gracenotes info. Yes, this is included in the larger BB package, but that package is too large and will not work. Despite what Ford recommends for NON-NAV package, it is too large for his application.

Perfect! thanks for the info, I will replace chinese with this one and check. BB is too much for the little apim.
I don t care too much about gracenotes, always listening music on youtube and direct connection because bluetooth sync is no good in my opinion.
I posted it just to warn the admin , because some inexpert users could get red screen using the “normal list of files” of cyanlabs site (I did it) and the idea was to contribute to this excelent site to be better.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.