Report Finished Update to Ford for 3.4.22251

Updated my 2017 Ford Explorer from 2.2.16280 straight to 3.4.22251. Update went flawless, and had zero issues with it. Now, just wondering how I can reflect that on my VIN number on the official Ford website.

https://www.ford.com/support/sync-maps-updates/
When I go to this website and paste my .xml file I got from the Interrogator Log USB Tool, it just gives me the “Upload Failed. Please Try Again.” error.

I have tried it twice with no luck, but maybe I’m missing something. I followed this guide pretty strictly - Tutorial: APIM Interrogator Utility/Create Interrogator Log

Or maybe it’s because Ford doesn’t support 3.4.xxxx for 2017’s that I’m missing. Either way, not a big deal.

SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 2.2.16280

New SYNC Version: 3.4.22251

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
Upload Failed. Please Try Again.

Update Method: CyanLabs Syn3 Updater

Syn3 Updater Version: 2.11.8.0

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read: yes

Syn3 Updater Log File

https://cyanlabs.net/fhub/sync3/syn3-updater-log/?uuid=1ed6767b-5fda-620a-962c-0242ac120004

You car was not meant to have 3.4, hence Ford not giving you the update for it. That’s why you used Syn3Updater.

So do not report anything back, it does not matter and it’s probably best Ford does not know you are on 3.4 on an non elegible model.

You are way past that point, you won’t (and can’t) use Ford’s update anymore.

EDIT: it’s ok for it not to work.

2 Likes

If you have a TCU or you do report it back to Ford I have found Oasis does show the update. It will not however show it online or anywhere else that it was updated for the reason @SaNdMaN stated.

You can’t. Sync 3.4 is not authorized for your vehicle so it will never process thru the Ford system. The highest you would be authorized for is 3.0.20204.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.