Sirius XM look on 3.4.20196

This is not an issue, rather it is functionality offered by 2020+ vehicles not available on older vehicles. It involves upgrading the ACM which I know @F150Chief has some knowledge on, but this isnt an ‘issue’ as such.

1 Like

Unless you have a 2020 APIM and ACM, you will not be able to do this. there is a thraed that discusses this here.

Thanks for everyone’s input. After learning that getting this functionality requires replacement of the ACM and APIM I am inclined to leave well enough alone.

Stay safe and healthy . . . . . . Thanks again!

Well, I have a 2020 Ford Transit Connect, so it must be another issue. How can I tell if I have a 2020 apim or not?

Run the APIM Interrogator Utility and look and the xml file it creates. Open the xml in your browser.

There will be an APIM part number, look at the first digit, as in the example below, K=2019, L=2020.

<d2p1:DID didFormat=“ASCII” didType=“ECU Delivery Assembly Number” didValue=“F113” responseLength=“24”>
d2p1:ResponseKU5T-14G371-CDF</d2p1:Response>

This looks like a difficult process, can I get it through the diagnostic menu on sync?

It’s 5 minutes to copy a file to usb with an autoinstall file?

2 Likes

wait a few days, Syn3 Updater 2.0 has this built in

1 Like

it is however the Assembly Part Number on the APIM Part Numbers section of the Diagnostic Menu

I went through the diagnostic themes on my vehicle, the default options name was ford-MY20. Does this mean it’s a 2020 apim?

no thats just the name of the theme

So which part number is it? The first one on top?

as i stated… see my post above

1 Like

My vehicles assembly part number says that it has 4U5T-14G371-CJA.

1 Like

The APIM number is a 2018-2019 production. This is not a 2020 APIM but is installed in a 2020 vehicle.

Well, thanks for the help. I hope ford finds a way to add these redesigned features with an older 2019 apim.

1 Like

The process of retrieving the file is complicated, and I just recently did the official update to 20282 and forgot to make a copy of it before erasing my USB for another update.

I’m sorry but it’s really not complicated, especially as of 2.0 https://cyanlabs.net/docs/syn3updater/page/create-interrogator-log-usb

I actually don’t have a windows or Mac, so I can’t run it. Would really appreciate a Linux or web version in the near future though.