Strange error. Update/Downgrade not working

Could you post your new storage data…

Hello, what is the app to see the storage space of the apim?

Hi F150chief,
Please refer below. Thanks

-<d2p1:AdditionalAttributes vmcuVersion=“Vector_VMCU_02.02.20” RAM=“382898176” logGeneratedDateTime=“2020-10-24T12:22:17+00:00”>
<d2p1:PartitionHealth available=“572K” total=“1.0G” type=“/fs/sd/MAP/”/>
<d2p1:PartitionHealth available=“54M” total=“1.7G” type=“/fs/Nuance/”/>
<d2p1:PartitionHealth available=“1005M” total=“1.2G” type=“/fs/rwdata/”/>
<d2p1:PartitionHealth available=“35M” total=“35M” type=“/fs/rwdata/quip/”/>
<d2p1:PartitionHealth available=“90M” total=“90M” type=“/fs/rwdata/quip/”/>
<d2p1:PartitionHealth available=“142M” total=“1.4G” type=“/fs/mp/”/>
<d2p1:PartitionHealth available=“380K” total=“74M” type=“/fs/mp/resources”/>
<d2p1:PartitionHealth available=“57M” total=“3.0G” type=“/fs/images/”/>

This is the same as the original xml file. The voice file is still the same, so the NA voice file failed to install. You might want to try that again. If you can get the voice file installed, and the “/fs/Nuance/” partition shrinks to about 450MB, you might recover enough space to perform a downgrade to 3.3.19052. If the voice file fails to install, there is no solution that I know to fix this with software thru the USB.

when i try to do this i get MEM_ERR03 what can I do ?

these is what I am trying to do
[SYNCGen3.0_ALL]
Item1 = 5U5T-14G391-CL_1580862907000.TAR.GZ
Open1 = SyncMyRide\5U5T-14G391-CL_1580862907000.TAR.GZ
Options = AutoInstall

Is this a NON-NAV unit or do you have maps? If you do not have maps, please read this thread…

Basically my car is without maps but I added it after the update to 3.4.20136
my vehicle is f150 xlt 2018

I have LST_ERR07

LST_ERR07 – Error is LST_ERR_NO_OPEN1_PARAM

Looking at the autoinstall.lst above, you only have a voice file installing, no app file. What are you trying to do? Are you upgrading to a new Sync version?

Is your car originally without maps, or did you upgrade the APIM with NAV? We need more information to help you…

My Sync version is 3.4.20136 I am trying to update my sync to the new version 20237 but when I try to update the screen keep telling me System update in progress for 30 minutes and it doesn’t work
My car originally with out NAV but when I update to 20136 i add NAV

You cannot upgrade a non-nav module to nav, there is not enough space. It sounds like you have filled up your APIM and its caused this issue.

Run the APIM interrogator mentioned in this thread:

actually when i updated to 3.4.20136
i choose non-nav then i download nav

how can i see how much memory i have ?

I don’t understand your comment here

The instructions are in the above link, run the apim interrogator

1 Like

Yesterday i made a stupid mistake by inserting my format usb into my mustang usb port.

It immediately went to the picturd mode ( ford emblem, mustang car etc )

When i insert the reformat disk nothing happens and it jumps to orange screen and says

ERROR PACKAGES NOT FOUND.

I have no idea how to fix this issue

can anyone help me please?

1 Like

Are you using the Syn3 Updater app? If not, go here and download the app and try it.

The Syn3 Updater uses 1 usb for everything. Other older methods use 2 usb’s.

Start with filling in your old version in the app and then the version you want to update.

Mine stald at the gracenotes so I did another usb without the gracenotes and now it says no install package.
What do I do it won’t let me past this screen, I don’t care if I have gracenotes or not but need something to get past this.
USA non nav focus RS 2016 was on 2.2 and trying to go to 3.4.
Please help

I am assuming it is looking for the gracenotes tar package. How do I start over?

Please, do not spam the same question in many places in the future. You already created another thread, where you said you solved it. If further questions are needed, post them there please.
Thanks.

Sorry I did this one first and thought it would be better to start a new thread. My apologies.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.