SYN3 3.4.22251 ERROR

So, if this were me my next steps would be:

1. unplug everything from the USB ports
  2. disconnect the battery for 30 minutes
  3. reconnect the battery
  4. start the car and do a master reset
  5. when it comes back up try again

If it still has the problem I would then replace the USB media hub.

Cheers for that, I will give it a go, the master reset just hangs so far when selected, even after multiple soft resets, maybe unplugging the battery will help.

I ended up changing my apim because of this couldnt do feck all on this version much the same as ypurself

I installed the 3.4.22251 version sometime last year and it successfully installed, has worked great until the last couple months and now upon every start up I go through several prompts for updates and apple CarPlay like it’s not saving my settings as well as 1 out of every 4 or 5 startups it’s just a black screen that I have to do a soft reset to get even the prompts to come up. I’m hoping that an upgrade to the latest 3.4 version will fix this? I only have access to a Mac. I understand I have to downgrade to an older version before upgrading to the latest version correct? Any advice would be great to fix this please.

Download an Interrogator log package and run it, your data partitions are probably full. If you decide to upgrade to 23188 MAKE SURE you CORRECTLY answer the MY20 questions.

How do I do that with a Mac. I cannot use the updater I believe because I only have Mac

I believe there’s an Windows emulator that you can download, i have seen it mentioned and you’ll have to have a read up on it because it tries to be helpful and de-archives the files which is unwanted.

What year vehicle is this on?
If the car came with 3.3+ you can use the official Ford package for the VIN, you don’t need the updater.

All known methods for recovery from the full rwdata partition bug that affects 22251 and 23088 are located here → APIM Sync Settings Not Saving, VER_ERR08 Errors, Cannot Perform Master Reset or Upgrades/Updates (Solved)

If none of those work, sadly we do not have anything else to recommend.