SYN3 Updater - Replaces FordSyncDownloader

So what can pendrive insert into Sync3?
Can you somehow check how much memory is in Sync3?
Data can be recovered when Sync3 is in the car or on the table?

Your english isn’t great so it’s not clear to me what you are asking unfortunately.

We have had only 2 reports of this issue, both 2020 models.

please try the following

Download https://ivsu.binaries.ford.com/swparts/5U5T-14G381-EG_1598634070000.TAR.GZ
and put it in SyncMyRide folder in your USB

Download
reformat.lst (40 Bytes)
and put this in the root of your USB Drive

Like so

Please insert the USB in to your CAR and leave it plugged in for 20 minutes with the engine on, after 20 minutes remove the USB drive

using a USB drive with a activity LED may be best.

YOU WILL NOT SEE ANYTHING ON THE SCREEN DURING THIS PROCESS

Can I check if Sync3 is 32GB or 64GB?
If something breaks, can it be repaired when Sync3 is mounted in the car or need to be taken to the workshop.

tried the fix as suggested … still no joy… took to dealer and they say needs a sync module, but on back order (assume APIM)… will share results when dealer gets parts… thanks

yes it will be a replacement APIM, i have added multiple warnings to prevent this from happening in the future, sorry for the loss.

Can you provide me with your VIN number so i can check the part numbers on your car so i can get a more accurate understanding of which ones cause the issue.

how can I check if Sync3 is 32GB or 64GB without having VIN number?

You have a Ford Edge originally a US car and imported to Poland. If the APIM is original to the vehicle, it’s 32 GB if you have NAV, 8 GB if not.

1 Like

yes, I’m aware of that. But is there a way to check it from the sync3 level?

Yes.
Give me a minute…

You will need Edge or Chrome with the Google Translator installed. Go to Ford SYNC 3 - мультимедиа и навигация (с. 15) - Ford Focus 3 and download GB5T-14G386-AC_1587495565000.TAR.GZ
43Kb Interrogator_Log/utloggingutility. This will allow you to see what is on the APIM and the storage space and file structure. It will create an xml file you open in Internet Explorer. Run this like an update with an autoinstall file:
Create usb with SyncMyRide folder
Root is autoinstall.lst and DONTINDX.MSA files
Autoinstall.lst looks like this:

[SYNCGen3.0_ALL]
Item1 = GB5T-14G386-AC
Open1 = SyncMyRide\GB5T-14G386-AC.tar.gz
Options = Delay,Include,Transaction

Remove the numbers on the filename. Run this and then open the xml and go to the bottom of the file to see your storage. The asbuilt info is also in the file near the top.

1 Like

Can I apply this to the 2018 Ford Escape? ?

Yes, any Sync 3.2+…
If you have Sync 3.0 version, us the -AB version, available on that site.

vin #REDACTED ford explorer 2020
since ford says back ordered APIM went looking and found
https://www.infotainment.com/collections/all/products/replacement-service-ford-sync-3-apim-module?variant=31597211189284… funny they have parts but not ford… curious what does configuration L mean… seems unique to 2020 models…

thanks

This is the year code. L=2020, K=2019, J=2018, etc.
Pricey. Do they actually have an L code unit?
Maybe check with this guy, he knows the units pretty well:
https://www.f150forum.com/f122/sync-3-upgrade-kits-programming-480314/

I have version 3.4_19101 so there should be no problem :wink:

Do you mean what F150 was on about or the application it self?

The application will work on all cars except My20 (Manufacture Year 2020) cars for now

I want to check if I have 32GB or 64GB.
Can I use the guide provided by my colleague F150chief.
I have a Ford Escape from 2018. from the USA and imported to Poland.

Yes you can indeed :slight_smile:

Ok. I have *.xml file where can I read how much memory do I have?