Two weeks ago I updated my Sync3 from 3.3.18351 to 3.4.22200 and all went OK. Today having seen that a newer relase was out I thought I would update to 3.4.22251, however when I open the Syn3Updater App I receive an RED warning box with Error Invalid Class.
I am running the latest version of Syn3Updater 126.96.36.199 and have tried it both in Stable and Beta but I still get the same error.
I cant even select a USB drive. The USB drive I am using is the same one that worked 2 weeks ago and I have even reformatted it in Windows Explorer so my systme can see the drive and write to it but the App can’t.
I have also removed the App from the PC and reinstalled it but it still has the same error.
Something of note is that the applog file is complaning about the there being no info log file or something. What I have noticed is that I did after installing the 3.4.22200 update try to create the interigator log on a USB. I created the USB for this placed in car and let it run. I then brought the USB in to the PC to upload it but the Syn3Updater is stuck at step 3 Open interigator log as it was unable to open the XML file for some reason and its still stuck at this step today in the program. Could this have any bearing on the issue?
Launch the WMI MMC snapin holding the Windows Start key +R then enter WMIMGMT.MSC and hit OK
This showed that I had WMI :Invalid Class errors as listed on the website.
I ignored the bit about downloading the WMIDiag Tool as googling told me that this was now outdated so I just went to the fix to resolve MOF Registration errors:
I tried to run the command as show below but this errored for me in a PowerShell window
CD C:\Windows\System32\WBEM dir /b *.mof *.mfl | findstr /v /i uninstall > moflist.txt & for /F %s in (moflist.txt) do mofcomp %s
So I spit the command into two and ran CD C:\Windows\System32\WBEM and then ran dir /b *.mof *.mfl | findstr /v /i uninstall > moflist.txt & for /F %s in (moflist.txt) do mofcomp %s which seemed to work and updated all the MOF files.
I then re-ran WMIMGMT.MSC which now showed the WMI Control was OK