sync 1 to 3 conversion

sync 3 upgrade from 4 inch to 8" 3.4 version everything works accept the rear cam its shows a blue screen than black screen on reverse

SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: Retrofit

Old SYNC Version: 3.4.23088

New SYNC Version: 3.4.23088

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

Update Method: CyanLabs Manual Method

RVC present but still not working. Screen goes blue, then black, then says “Camera is unavailable, Please contact your dealership.”
BdyCM config shows Rear Vehicle Camera Control in IPMB
PSCM shows Rear Camera Enabled
IPC Shows Rear Camera Active Guidlines Enabled, Auto Zoom Disabled, Delay Disabled, Feature Enabled, Visual Park Aid Enabled
Also RCA connector not touching metal, I taped up the connector when I put in the harness

please help ive been on this issue for the past 4 days and still cant get it to work heres my asbuilt

sync 3.abt (495 Bytes)

What model and year of vehicle was the upgrade performed on?
Nor all years are the same, as an example drop the AB for a 2019-2020 Fusion on an earlier year and you lose the right steering wheel controls and RVC due to changes in the logic

2016 f150 xlt with sync 1 to 3 convertion harness

also it my orignal vin it shows i know that "2a means rvc present but what does "oc"stand for should i change it ?
7D0-01-01 0C25 9800 04A6
amd the one i loaded 'shows

7D0-01-01  	2a2a 0407 0038

and heres my orignal vin
1FTEX1EP6GFD07631.ab (27.4 KB)
and the one im using from a 2015
sync 3.abt (495 Bytes)

Your best bet here is to start by looking on one of the used car sites for a 2017 F150 with Sync3 that somewhat matches the features of your 2016.
Pull the AB file from Ford and use that as a template to start with.

ive done that i compared 3 diffrent vin and they all show "
7D0-01-01 2A2A 0406 0037 "
unless im looking at the wrong rvc address? now do i need to change anything else

A lot more than that, you need to walk through the AB to see if any of the values don’t match what you features you have in yours.

“I’ve already done all that, which is why I’m asking for help. I can’t figure out what the issue is. The camera was working fine before the retrofit with the 4-inch camera. I added the 4 to 8 harness, USB hub, APIM screen, bezel, and loaded the as-built from a 2015 XLT where the camera was functioning. I believe the problem is related to the as-built, but I’m unable to figure it out. I’ve searched this forum and used Google, but the only thing I found online is from another forum. It suggests making changes in Forscan*** 1. In Forscan, edit 726-39-02 in the BCM, place a 1 in the 6th digit, and apply the change. This setting tells the BCM that a rear camera exists. It is on Livnitup’s spreadsheet as “Slave Exists RVC”
2. In Forscan, click the wrench icon and re-run LIN New Module Calibration.****. I am not sure if this is required, as I never had this issue on my truck or my brother’s truck before this 2016 model that I bought.”

Well, you’re first problem is that you dropped in an AB from a 2015 which had Sync2/MFT into a Sync3 APIM,
I’d drop the AB in from a 2017 into it, that way you at least you have something meant for Sync3.
You need to be really careful with what you grab in an online search, some of the doc is for MFT, some for Sync3 and some are Sync4 and the settings for one can have an entirely different impact in the other.

got it let me try that thanks

no luck is there someone in this forum who has done this change and can share their asbuilt ?

I have done this and had this problem. It ended up being a grounding issue on the camera side in my case.

hey bill the thing is that if i load the 4 inch asbuilt and put the small screen the camera works so it is a programing thing

Sounds like you have the 4" with Sync than? So your using the same 52 pin connector for it if that is the case?

no using harness 4 to 8 conversion o i just did this change "1. In Forscan, edit 726-39-02 in the BCM, place a 1 in the 6th digit, and apply the change. This setting tells the BCM that a rear camera exists. It is on Livnitup’s spreadsheet as “Slave Exists RVC”
2. In Forscan, click the wrench icon and re-run LIN New Module Calibration.
on mine it was a “0” still no camera

Ok so it the 10 pin to 52 pin harness, right? Was the original video in the mirror or the 4"?

yes

mirror
?

Yea sometimes they used a mirror for the backup camera.

So when you use the harness with Sync 3 the backup does not work right? But when you remove the harness and use the older 4" it does work?

The harness you show does not show the Non sync 4" version I asked about earlier. This harness is a 52 to 52pin Sync harness(Sync can be on both the 4" & 8"). That is fine but just know I have seen issues in the past with this harness. I am looking in Oasis now to check a few things as I think I know the problem but just want to make sure.

1 Like