SYNC 3.0 to 3.4 Manual Explanation

I appreciate all your help! Will let you know how it goes. Should I go to local ford dealership to get a USB Module for Carplay for my 2016 Mustang? or can I get it somewhere online? I believe I am looking for Ford Part# HU5Z-19A387-A? And my last question do I need to replace both USB Module the single and double port or I can just change one?

You can try and source the hub wherever it is cheapest for you. You would have to replace both in order for the unsupported message to go away. I believe the part numbers for Focus/Mustang are HU5T-14F014-AA and HU5T-14F014-AB but I could be wrong. Those are from a while ago. I think the part number you posted will also work. Don’t have much info on replacement hubs.

You could of course go to your local dealership and ask for a CarPlay/Android Auto hub for your vehicle and they will give you the correct one.

1 Like

It won’t work for CarPlay i believe but it will work for other stuff including Android Auto but with the annoying prompt

2 Likes

I downloaded the newest update on tow usb with maps and half way I got the message the host has been disconnected. So then I did it with the option to keep my maps. That worked. So I loaded it into the truck and now it has a navigation issue. How do I fix this. Can I just manual add or uodate maps. Or do I just have to connect the truck to my WiFi and it can uodate. I had NAVI in the truck before.

2019 f550 with Navi went from 3.0 to 3.4

The part you want is HU5Z-19A387-B, available from Product Details | SimplePart (lakelandford.com)

HU5Z-19A387-A is superseded.

You can find it elsewhere, like eBay, but be very careful about the Chinese knock-offs from ALLWAY and others. These are not OEM equipment.

If you upgraded to 3.4 and checked keep maps, then you have no maps now. The old maps are incompatible. You will need to download the maps and include them in the installation. Perform a downgrade with maps, this will use the reformat installation to the latest Sync 3.4 with maps. Select the desired 3.4 release and 2.20 maps.

This shouldn’t be possible to select as an option

I thought that odd…

Hey everyone, I was able to update from 3.0 to current 3.4 build on my 2016 Mustang (USA). There was no problems and everything works after I master reset. Just need to update the USB hubs as these old ones give a error message when turning on car. I manually downloaded the files to my Macbook, took a while cause some files said network error but all complete! Just need to update to current USB hubs to get carplay.

2 Likes

Hey! After updating to 3.4 current build and current updated maps from 3.0. Is there any reason why my Navigation is blank? I cannot search up any address it just comes up blank and the map is blank with the cursor? Is there a fix?

Master reset, then go for a drive to make sure it gets a gps fix

So I did a master reset and drove around 30 mins and the Navigation is still blank, cant search no address. Also music has a small lil skip glitch when listening to music via bluetooth

Hey Cyan, any fix for bluetooth music it skips a bit within first 15 secs of play on current 3.4 build. And Navigation being blank? cant search no address, I have master reset several times

Did you change the region to enable ‘Nav in motion’? What region is the APIM set?

That audio glitch has been a thing for a very long time. It’s a known SYNC bug. If your nav is completely blank I would recommend trying a reformat again. If nav is enabled in the as built.

I followed the directions of the manual method, NA, Sync 3.4.21098, and 2.20 NA Maps, it generated all the files. What else am I supposed to do?

I will try to downgrade and re-download and reformat back to 3.4 to see if it fixes the blank navigation map issue. Im North American region by the way.

It should work even if you did it manually. You can post your config and the contents of the USB you made and we can double check it here. Navigation should show up and work if it’s enabled in the as built and you did a master reset.

could you run the APIM Interrogator Tool in the tools menu of the Syn3 Updater app and post the results? This will verify or not that the maps are installed and you are set to the correct region.

I was able to downgrade and re-download all the files and upgrade back to 3.4. The maps are showing and working now. Must have been a glitch or I missed a map file. But everything is complete. Thanks everyone.

1 Like